Chapter 77

Author's Note:
Where do I start?
I just want to clarify some things because people have been confused and complaining about the last chapter (76). Yes, you may have noticed that I changed it, because people were coming at me and texting me things like "I hated the ending so much, not even a good writer anyways," like I'm sorry that's how i wanted MY book to end!?!? But I just don't want this story to end as a bad book when all I did was try my hardest to come this far. But first off, don't be butt hurt because I'm sure you weren't reading my story to insult me, you've actually finished it meaning YOU liked it. I also have these random people that i didn't even know that were reading my story, who are judging the ending that i chose. Who even are you? Irrelevant.

Thank you so much to my amazing readers out there, I honestly love you all so much, the support means everything to me. Shoutout to my followers, y'all are so real, love love love YOU ALL ❤️❤️❤️❤️🤪 Have an great day everyone n get comfortable, the chapter begins vvvv

Mia's POV

Damon. Knife. Blood. Dead man.

I watch the paramedics take the dead man out of the house. Why was here? Who even is he? I don't recall seeing him in my life. Dias and Aunt Sil looked just as confused as I was. What if Carter knew him? What if he came for Carter? What if that man knew..Damon. I'm so exhausted of all of this.

I find Damon talking to the police. He's covered in blood, his hair is a mess, and his clothes are so damp that i can see his inked skin under his white dress shirt.

The police leaves him standing alone and he catches me staring at him while wiping his forehead with his bloody hands.

I run up to him and hug him as tight as I can. He wraps his arms around my waste and kisses the top of my head.

"Yo, who the hell was that guy?" Carter breaks our moment. Damon tenses his jaw and avoids my eye contact when i look at him confused at what Carter is talking about. Why would Damon know...

"Damon?" I say confused.

"Brandon told me that exact same guy asked for him for you, before you and him started a scene," Carter exclaims to Damon.

I step away from Damon in shock. Why am I even shocked? I knew something like this would happen. Again.

"Did you know him?" I raise my voice a little. I know he does, i just want to hear it myself. He looks down and wipes his blood stained hands on his pants.

"Damon!"

"And if I fucking did? What do you want me to do, he's dead Mia, get over it," he raises his voice back at me.

"Get over it? He was in the damn house, where my family is," Carter yells at Damon.

"Shut the fuck up! Stop acting like you give a shit, you worthless fucking-" Damon's voice sounds much deeper than it is.

"Get the fuck out of here! Get out!" Carter yells back.

"Carter!" I yell facing him this time. "Just, please..give us a moment," I nearly choke on my own words from the utterly feeling in my stomach and throat.

"He better be gone by then," he walks off, turning his head back to glare at Damon.

Damon's face transforms into complete anger which I feel like I can't even notice him.

"Who is he? Why was he here?" I ask almost out of breath.

Damon puts his hand over his head and looks completely nervous to answer my question.

"No..I don't know?" he lies. I can tell he's lying by the upset look on his face.

"So now you're lying to me?" He doesn't say anything but stands there looking at the cement.

"Fine...he broke in at my place, thats where I saw him last,"

"Then why'd he come here? Hm?"

"I don't know..."

"Damon, if you lie to me agai-"

"I still have the money," he blurts out.

Oh no. No.

"Damon are you serious? Why? Why didn't you give it back?"

"Because I wanted to use it for when we move together,"

He just doesn't get it.

"I don't even..i-i don't even think I want to move in with you knowing your doing things like this," water rushed down my eyes.

His expression hurts me as much as he's hurt right now.

"I can't always provide you with what you want,"

"Damon I don't want money!" I cry out. "I want you to grow up," I look at him one last time and walk off.

Damon's POV

"Did you know this man?" The police officer tells me.

I don't answer because Mia is the only thing on my mind. I'm a fuck up, I'm a fucking dumbass.

"Did you know this man?" She asks again.

"No. Now get me out of these cuffs," I try to pull and shake the hand cuffs on me.

"Not until you start to talk," she leans in.

"I want a fucking lawyer,"