1

Rukky
   I opened my eyes as the sunlight penetrated the blinds shining in my eyes. I stood up and stretched. Blah blah blah. You know my name and how my life is. It has been two months since I came back from Canada with my best friend Maryam.

I had just finished my architectural course there. I looked at myself on the mirror and I looked like shit. I started brushing my teeth. My phone started ringing.

I stopped brushing and it was Maryam. I knew I had toothpaste in my mouth but when you live with the same person for a long time, you don't really care. I answered and kept it in front of me.

"Bitch!" I shouted and I spitted. "Rukky!" I smiled in happiness. "Ya dai? Zaki zo ne? (How are you? Are you coming?)" I ask and she nods. "Yeah, zan yi wanka ne sai na zo saboda -i am going to bathe then i will come because- I have nothing to do."

I rinse my mouth and look up. "Wallahi, my useless siblings are in the university well at least my sister. My brother is back." I say and Maryam clears her throat.

"I still don't know what my brother did to you that you fell for him. Wait, did he....Eeewww!" I scream and she laughs. My brother is dating Maryam and she seriously loves him.

"He is really good at it. I am surprised. This generation is just flabbergasting." She says as she closed her eyes. "Stop it! He is my freaking brother! Don't spoil him."

I say but she only sighed. "He spoilt me besides it has been days since he called me." She pouts and I pick my phone and sat on the bed. "Since when you did it?"

I ask while I look at my teeth through the camera. "Yeah why?" She asks while I chuckle . "He is so over you! You know you aren't his first right." I say and she furrows her eyebrows.

"OMG! I kind of.....god! You know what, I'll talk to him." I say meanwhile my mother came in and stood by the door crossing her arms on her chest. "Imran dan iska ne fah (Imran is a son of air)I'll call you later." I say and hung up before she could say anything.

She walked to my bed and sat beside me. "So, I'm going the office." She says calmly and I nod. "Do you want to come with me? You know, to see how we work."

She says and I look at her. "Sure." I say and she nods. She jejely stood up and kissed me on the forehead. I feel bad and grateful for my mom for working this hard.

My grandma wanted my mom to get married again but she protested. My aunt brought out a convo about her promising to dad about getting married. She sat and cried and married another business man forcefully.

I'm know that my mom doesn't like him still. Imran doesn't like him because he screams at my mom sometimes. There was a time Imran stopped him from beating my mom.

Mukhtar (Imran's friend who has a huge crush on me) helped even though Imran hates when mukhtar tells him his imagination with me. Quite cute.

I can't remember talking to abdullahi (second father). He is kind of weird and nice towards me. Before they got married, they signed a contract about them having nothing to do with their companies.

Imran usually fights with him especially when he tries to harass Ammah, my sister. I fight for them but not much because I am usually not there. "What does that mean?!!" Imran shouts from downstairs.

I was telling you about them. I wore a robe on top of my shirt and shorts. I came down and saw Imran on the stairs sitting down closing his eyes clutching his jaw. My mom always said he took my fathers anger.

My brother is around 6.1ft tall, muscular, caramel skin, pointy nose, pouty lips, big eye. He was shaking his leg which means he has been extremely pissed off. There was a time in school that he always came home because he is suspended.

He always came second or first but there was a time he came fifth. He is always swapping girls but he fell in love with one deeply but she dumped him and he was sad for sometime.

Now I think he is dating Nafisa ne koh? I sit down beside him and put my hand on his shoulder. "What happened?" I ask him and he raises his head looking at him.

"He came with another woman to this house. Ammah can come back any minute from now and you know she is seriously sensitive." He says and I nod showing him I understand.

"He should freaking catch a room. Mom is in her room getting ready for office. I kicked the whore out before mom should see." He says as he clutches his fists.

"Why are you seated here then?" I ask and he sighs. "The therapist said I should sit down when I feel this angry because I might do something I might regret." He says and I stood up.

"Thank god that no therapist told me to do anything." Imran held my wrist when I started walking. "Don't talk to him, I will go just go get ready. I know what to do." He says with a smile while looking at him.

"Okay." I said about to turn when I remembered Maryam. "Hey, why did you ignore Maryam? She feels like she did something bad." I told him and he scoffed.

"Ofcourse she did something wrong." He says scrolling through his phone. "She doesn't know how to do you know what." I gasped and pushed him as he chuckled. "I am telling her."

I say smiling and he nods. "Yeah, Tell her so That next time she should prove me wrong." He says and answered the call. It's not fair to Maryam. She was there to make my life in Canada with boys easier.

I came out with mom and I wore an abaya with a stripe of green and black lace on top of the green. I wore a veil and held my Chanel bag. I was about to enter my Audi that my mom bought me when I graduated.

I brought out my phone and took a selfie and captioned it #goals #businessdeals. "Are you going to drive or should I miss the meeting?" My mom said and I smiled. "Sorry." I entered and drove off.

We entered the office when my mother's assistant came. My father's assistant died around four years ago. I cried my heart out like hell because she practically raised me.

I looked around as I remembered a blurry memory of me and father when he held me and showed me some places. I only had that memory. I hit someone. It was a guy with a black kaftan. He's a little bit taller than Imran.

He wore a Rolex watch, he has a beard, he is darker than caramel a bit. He had big. eyes , pointy nose, pink lips and a cap that matched his kaftan. "I'm sorry". I said and he smiled. GOD! His teeth were constructed perfectly.

"It's fine, your first time here?" He says looking at me and I smile. I opened my mouth to reply when my mom came. "Mr. Mohammed Ibrahim, you must have met my daughter." She said as he looked at me and I smiled.

"Yes, I have." He says with his flawless accent. "Good, Let's head to the meeting room? Rukky." She says signaling me to follow her. I followed them from behind. He has a muscular physique. I kept ogling him.

"The building will increase tourist attractions. It is indeed expensive but we will be profiting far more that what we put into especially on occasions like Christmas."

He says before looking at me and back at my mom. "Okay, I will review it but can I talk to you privately?" She says and he nods. His assistant came and spoke to him and he nodded.

He looked at me and smiled. I smiled and left the meeting room to her office. I closed the door and sat on the couch. I searched for his name but he isn't like known all over and stuff.

He is a rich bachelor who has a huge architectural company with his father. I sighed and locked my phone.

I went out of her office and stood at the reception looking around whether my mom is there. "You are Rukky?" A voice spoke and I turn in fright. I sigh just to see it was Mohammed.

"Yeah, And you are Mohammed." I say and he nods. "I didn't get your real name." He says and I adjust my veil. "Ruqqayya." I say. "Well, I look forward to meeting you next week." He says and left with his manager following him.

I furrow my eyebrows but just shrugged it off. I went back to the office and saw her. "Mom, you scared me. I couldn't find you." I say sitting down opposite her.

"Yeah, you thought they kidnapped me in front of many people in my company." She says sarcastically while smiling. "Rukky, I got you a job." She said . NO, NOT WHAT IM THINKING.

"You will be working with Mr. Mohammed Ibrahim as his assistant in his firm."