9

We sat on the dining table eating together because my mother asked us to. We all sat down with our stepfather while my mother places the dishes with Zainab, our house help.

"Thank you." She says then zainab sits down beside Imran. Zainab has been in this house since she was a child and unfortunately she had to have a crush on Imran. He never really liked her.

I scrolled through my phone while sitting beside my mom. "Put your phone down, rukayya." Mama said as i kept it on the table. "And the rest too." She adds referring to Ammah and Imran.

"So, what is this for?" Imran asks looking around the table. "Well, i just wanted to have breakfast with my family." My mom says smiling a little.

"Mom, i am going to be late." I tell her looking at my watch. "I am still going to be having a good breakfast with you." She adds firmly.

Abdallah just kept on scrolling through his phone. "When we are going to start eating, notify me." Abdallah says sighing. "Please hand me that."

Pointing to the pancakes. I hand it over to her sipping my tea. She smiled as she placed it. "It must be delicious mama for you to be smiling."

Ammah says as we all erupt in laughter. "No, it just reminded me of a memory." She says sighing. I didn't have to be told to know what she meant.

"I just lost my appetite." Abdallah said standing up. "Zainab, please package it for your father." Mama said taking the honey. "Okay." Zainab says standing up.

"May you arrive safely." She says and he nods before walking away. She sighed then smiled. "Dig in." She says when when i took a one slice of the pancake shoving it in. I take a sip of tea and took my bag.

"I am sorry, mah but i have to run." I say taking my bag, running out of the house. I bring out my car keys, entering it. I add my lip gloss. Let's go to the office.

I keep my bag on the desk, then brought out a file. I was 20minutes late and I had to work on something with mohammad.

I took a deep breath before walking in. I saw hadiza scribbling something as he paced talking to her. "Good morning." I say and he stops nodding.

"Tell her that I will be meeting her soon and that i thank her for her cooperation and understanding then close the email." He says to hadiza.

"Good morning." He says to me as i sit down not knowing what to do. "I am done, sir." She says. "Can you please get us some coffee?"

He tells Hadiza when she looks at me then back at him. "Okay, sir." She says storming out. She got issues,well, not really.

"You okay?" He asks as i turn to him. "Yeah. Yeah, just late i guess." I say when he chuckled. "You seem confused. Anything else you want to say?" He sits beside me.

"Nah, just my mom acting weird." I say. "But it is normal sometimes for her. She acts that way." I say looking at him. "Okay." He says .

"What about you?" I as he leans back. "Well, i have to get ready for the meeting. I am kind of nervous." He says smiling. "Don't seem that way."

I say when he holds my hand. "Yeah, many things don't seem like that at first." He kisses it and i smile. "You're such a flirt." I say pulling my hand away from him.

"What?" He raises his hand. "Yeah." I say rolling my eyes.

I was on my desk typing some stuff when Hadiza's manner less friend came by. Her name is Munirah actually.

She wore a blue dress, striped with a little pink and white. She put on her heavy makeup as usual walking like one fish. "Umm, where's hadiza?"

She says trying so hard to get rid of her accent. "I don't know." I continue typing when she nods. "Okay, please tell me when she's back." She says walking towards the door.

"Don't waste your time. You can come check." I tell her not even glancing at her. She scoffed leaving the room. God save me.

I sit down in the cafeteria drinking my milkshake while scrolling through my phone. I looked at my posts that i took in Canada. I honestly missed the place because of the memories i had.

"Hey." Someone says as i jump in fright. It was the guy Imran mohammed. "You scared me." I say when he sits down on the seat opposite me.

"I am sorry just haven't seen you in a while." He says removing his coat. "You wear coats alot." I say taking a sip of my milkshake.

"It is cold." He says snatching the milkshake away from me. "Hey." I say wining. "It is too cold for you to drink this." He says sighing.

"I am pretty sure it is warm enough to drink a milkshake." I say leaning back. "I am just bored out here and nothing to do." I sigh as he brings his phone out.

"What are you doing?" I ask when he took a picture. "Seriously? I am not even looking good." I say adjusting my veil. "Nah, you look really good to me." He says using his phone.

I was speechless and it was awkward for me. "You usually come when there are going to be meetings." I say as he kept his phone. "What?" He asks confused. "Oh yeah. I am involved with the interactions."

He says and i nod. "is it boring or interesting?" I ask attempting to take my milkshake but he takes it off the table. "Come on." I say when he smiles.

"I care about you." He says looking at me. "Okay, thanks." I say uncomfortably. "Have you thought about it?" He says holding my hand.

I forgot but the minute he held my hand, i remembered. I was about to answer when my phone started ringing. I pulled my hand away to answer.

"Hello, yeah. Okay, i will be there in five." I say when i stood up. "I have to go right now but will you be here later?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, of course." He says giving me a faint smile. I walk out feeling kind of guilty. I rushed to my mohammed's office but it was empty.  I could swear I.......

"Rukayya Ahmad, the goody two shoes." Salma says standing up from his chair. I was about to leave when i saw Hadiza at the door, closing it with with a smile.

"Salma, what is this nonsense?" I say crossing my arms. "Consider this a.......training that your mom refused you." She says walking up to me.

"You training me? Perhaps you are high for saying you have more training that I do." I say when she slapped me across the face.

I place my hand on on the cheek with shock. I opened my eyes and slapped her too on the face. She fell on the ground, placing her hand on her cheek as she looked at me shocked.

I was about to jump on her when i felt someone push me. I fall hitting my head a little with the table and everything was a little weird.

I felt a little bit dizzy as hadiza hovered above me. "I told you to leave." She says pulling me up. I gather my strength to hit her i the stomach, pushing her to the floor.

I fell too as i saw salma walking towards me. Abeg, i am not John wick or someone.  I will get my ass handed to me. Salma pulls me by the hair. 

I stand up about to punch her but she swung first. I felt the impact of her knuckles on my cheekbone. I fell on the floor wincing at the sharp pain there.

Where is mohammed?  Is he holding the meeting or is the meeting holding him?  I lay down, tired and my head still dizzy. I look up to the ceiling.

"Ouch. That hurt." Salma says as Hadiza walked towards me. I hit her leg with mine and she stumbled on the ground before i hurriedly crawled to her punching her out.

My hair was tugged before my head hit the floor with a huge impact. I close my eyes wincing in pain. "Come on, sorry. Stand up." Salma helps Hadiza up.

Hadiza kicks me in the stomach as they smiled in above me. "Yeah, this is definitely training." Hadiza says as salma bursts out laughing when i pass out.

Don't forget to
Vote
Follow
Comment