23

She furrows her eyebrows. "Who is sadeeq?" She asks and I take deep breath about to tell her when her phone rang.

She groans. "Its Maryam, I need to take this." She says standing up and walking away.

"Another time then." I say to myself.

Ruqayyah's point of view

I sit down on my bed, listening to maryam's point of view.

"Wallahi, I didn't do it intentionally. We even broke up, I was hurt of course but I found someone."

She explains. "My brother is 22 and he has a child already? My mom is not talking to anyone right now. I heard that he told you about the marriage."

I say as she takes a deep breath. "I'm not sure yet because I haven't told anyone close to me."

She says, her voice shaking. "What am I going to do? I regret all of this, I wish I didn't do it in the first place." She breaks into tears.

"Okay, its okay. How about I come over to your place? After work?" I ask her walking towards the closet.

"That would be perfect. Thank you." She says and I smile. "Its okay, don't forget to eat. Bye." I hang up before looking at my clothes.

"What am I going to wear?" I say to myself.

I sit down on my chair without any bag. I keep on thinking about maryam's case.

I'll be an aunt, imran's first child.

"Are you alright?" I hear ummi ask and I look at her. "I'm good, why are you asking?" I try to act normal.

"We might not be besties or whatever the social media call it but I know when you're moody".

Ummi says tilting her head. "Family issue, nothing big." I cross my arms. "I get that you don't want to tell me, understand. Hope you solve it."

She says not pissed. "Thanks." I say to her while she keeps her things. "Did our boss come?" She asks as I sit up right.

"I don't know, you know how he coups himself up in there". I say arranging my desk.

"True but there is only one way to know." Ummi raises her eyebrows. "Stop it." I say leaning back on the chair.

"I'm just saying." She teases when my phone rings. "Good morning, you've reached Mr Ibrahim's assistant. How can I help you?"

I playing with a ball in my hand. "Yes, please. I am from Ihsan Architecture limited, may I talk to your boss?"

A woman says politely. "Of course, ma'am. Please hold." I say before I forward the call to Mohammed.

I hang up, slanting on the chair. "Wow, you look terrible." Ummie giggles and I roll my eyes.

"I don't blame myself." I say before my head drifted from maryam's pregnancy to what Imran wanted to tell me.

"Silly excuse, anyway. My wedding is next week and I would love for you to come over. It might be lit!" She squeals.

"It might? I'm not sure I can come." I say shaking my head teasing her. "Well, screw you, you bitch."

Ummie says pouting a bit as I laugh. "I'm joking, I'll come insha Allah but not really a promise for sure. I got a lot on my plate".

I confess and she nods. "I get it but if you do, I'm begging you to come because most of my bridesmaids aren't my friends. I don't even know some and nowadays, you're one of my closest people."