6

I walk into the company with my white shirt, black jeans, black scarf with white sneakers. I keep my phone to look forward when i saw Mohammed .

He couldn't see me so i just went ahead to my desk. I kept my bag and some files. I threw myself on my chair while my laptop was booting .

I remembered Mohammed's kiss......it was really awkward immediately after. I have not met him since but it isn't a big thing. We are adults, we should act as such.

Hadiza came in and for the first time, i came before her. "Salamu alaikum." She says and i answer but instead she just gave me a dirty glare.

I shrug when i saw Mohammed. He wore a white kaftan with a black flat shoe with two straps crossing each other. He was laughing with another man.

They walked in when i smiled. "Good morning." I say when the man nodded."Good morning." He replied but Mohammed just smiled back.

They entered his office and shut the door. Hadiza walked to my table. "Good morning and what would i help you with?" I say mocking her.

"Stop this, you dumb woman." She says lowering her voice, leaning forward . "I saw you two kissing yesterday in the nursing station." I nod trying to process what to tell her.

"So you didn't leave even after he told you to?" I ask but she got irritated fast. "Ke! Kar ki bani haushi. I came here first, i get him but you don't understand that when you kissed him."

"Well, then that is a shame because i am not the one who kissed him. Well, you see the first time we met, he asked for my number but he...". Hadiza just started walking away. "Wait, you didn't listen to the hilarious part."

"Let us see who will leave first." She threatens while i smile. She is crazy.

We were working in the office with him again and hadiza was just shooting glares at me. Hadiza was not even focused on the files but on mohammad.

She was checking when all the files from the folder bursted out. They were scattered all over the place. "Hadiza." Mohammad says when she panicked a bit.

"I am sorry, it just ....". She said but i went over there to help. I was beside her gathering the papers. I squatted when she pushed me and i fell on my wounded hand.

I groaned a bit as she sniggered . Oh, i'll get her for that. "Are you alright? Your wound." He takes my hand and unfortunately, the cut was back to square one in the healing process.  Thank you, hadiza.

Even after the cut opened up again, just having that contact with mohammed looked like it was torture to her. I really didn't care about how she felt because i know she feels the same about me. Anger.

"Can you bring the first aid box?" He says. "No, stitches will be better, i think." He says now looking at me. The decision is.....  "The first aid box will be fine."

I say without any thoughts at all. "It will keep on opening up slowly until i heals." He tries to convice me. "Yeah but in the end it will heal."

He raises his hand surrendering. "Fine, you should get it cleaned though." I stand up as he hands me the tissue. I collect it and leave with hadiza behind me.

We arrived at the nursing station waiting for the nurse. I look at the cut and it was nasty. Hadiza looked around, closed the door and the curtains.

I sat there not knowing what she was planning. "What are you doing?" I ask when she walks up to me and holds my hand tightly.

"Let me tell you something you dumb fuck, you will leave mohammed, quit this job and leave my life forever." I scoff at her words and sway her hands down.

"Am i scared of you ne? What will you do? Leave? Quit? You must be crazy." I say when she nods. "Fine but anything that happens is on you."

She unlocks the door,  storming out. The nurse looked at both of us in confusion. She is such a pest.

I head to the office when i saw people in the conference room. Shit! It was like they were done. I stand outside while came out. It was surprisingly full.

Mohammed came out with hadiza and another woman. I walk up to them. "Oh Rukayya, is your wound dressed now?" He asks when hadiza looks at me.

"Yes,si....mohammed". He smiled and takes my hand. He looks at how it was cleaned. "Rukayya Ahmad." A familiar voice said behind Mohammed.

She walked out and i felt like dropping dead, now and then. "Salma Usman." I say looking at her and mohammed. He looked at her then back on me.

"She is the 'salma' you are talking about?" He says sitting on his table. "Yes, especially when she realized that i was your secretary."

I reply and he sighed. "This.....i don't even know what to do. She will be working here for atleast a year. We signed a contract." He removed his cap.

"It is okay, i got over her there. I might get her back to her senses here." I say standing up,heading to the door. "Rukayya." I turn back to him as he walked up to me.

He holds my shoulder and looks me in the eye. "I don't know what i am supposed to do but i will be here for you especially with hadiza around."

He says. I didn't think of that at all, she will join forces gladly.  "Hadiza is kind of a bitter person so...but when you have problems just come tell me and forget about me being your boss but as your friend or anything more."

I hug him because i really needed it. He wrapped his around me bringing me closer to him. He is the shoulder i should cry on.

His cologne intoxicated me and mixed with his aftershave. I release him and walk out. I felt small butterflies in me. Yeah, i am not denying that i have feelings for him.

I sit on my desk and hadiza was not around. The plotting has began. I have no weaknesses except my father which made me feel  scared more than anything .

Hadiza walks in. She stops for a minute and continues walking after smiling widely. She sits down and checks the documents . "Are you sure you don't want to quit?"

She asks not even looking at me but i just ignore her. "Fine, your call." She picks the files and walks out. It has definitely started.

I arrive at home and my feet were so sore. I lay down on the bed thinking when i heard a knock. It was my siblings. "Mom sent you ko?" I sat up as they chuckled.

"How do you know?" They walk in. "Um because if you came here voluntarily , you would just barge in." I lean my head on the bed plate.

"Hey, what is wrong?" Ammah asks while imran scrolls his phone. "Yeah, you have been off this past few days." He says and i sigh. Yeah, you think.

"Nah, i am fine." I say as ammah gasps. "I forgot to ask you, is your boss cute, handsome, hot or ugly?" She asks with curiousity in her tone.

"He is actually....handsome, tall and hot." I say when she squealed laying down. "If i was the one, i can't concentrate, i mean."

Yeah, my mom gave birth to a b***h.