11

I sit down crying my eyes out. I had to quit because he was getting too annoying. I grunt as I lay down while I looked at the ceiling.

It is going to be alright. You are way better than him. I sigh when I heard my phone ringing. I pick up, thinking it was mohammad but it was imran.

I wipe my tears then cleared my throat so my voice would change. I answer my phone with a sigh. "How are you?" I ask. "I'm outside."

He says with a firm tone. "How did you know....? I'm coming out now." I say feeling uneasy. I pick up my white veil and ran out of my room.

I walk to the gate when I saw my brother with imran. They have the same name. "What are you doing here?" I ask my brother as he turned to face me.

"Just pulled up and saw him so I wanted to know why he is here." He says with his hands in his pocket. "He is my friend so calm down."

I say patting his shoulder. "Your brother is a very interesting person." Imran says with a smile. "Yeah." I say but he just looked at us like old cows.

"You're welcome but don't stay for long." He says before walking away. "How old is he again?" Imran asks. "Old enough." I say smiling.

We sat down in the parlor talking about a lot of stuff. I laugh at his words. "It is not possible." I say leaning on the arm of the couch.

"Yeah so I better leave because you will be going to work tomorrow." He says about to stand up. "Haven't you heard by now that I quit? Wow, the staff has changed." I say.

"Really? I didn't know that you quit." He says farrowing his eyebrows.  "Yeah, it got too intense there." I say as he held my hand.

"I'm here for you." He says and I smile as I remember how mohammad told me the same thing. "I have an uncle that has an architectural firm, a huge one. Um, Belmad Enterprises and even interior deco."

He says and I shake my head. "Nah, I'm just going to rest for now with all the hassle." I try to make an excuse. "Okay but call me or tell me if you want to see him."

He says. "Yeah, thanks." I say feeling uncomfortable. "It is getting late. I better go before your brother comes." He stands up as I laugh. "Imran? Definitely." I say.

"Imran? I like him already, he has the same name as me." He says looking at his phone. "Is everything okay?" I ask and he shoves it in his pocket.

"Nothing, just work stuff." He says as we walk to the door. "Bosses are annoying so just keep calm." I say. "Yeah, I will not try to punch him. He even asked me to bring him some files,  so annoying."

He says while we walk towards the gate. "Thank you for checking up on me." I say as he looked at me. "Any time." He says before leaving.

I walk inside feeling a little bit better than I was. At least I have someone who cares for me a little. My mom doesn't know shit, my brother is pissed because I even looked at mohammad and ammah had gone to a friend's house for a sleepover.

I pick my phone that was laying on the floor when I saw mohammad's missed call, he called 10times. I forgot that I switched to silent.

I switched it back then ignored the call.

I shove a spoon of ice cream in my mouth. Yeah, this is some foreign nonsense but belive it or not it kinda makes you feel better.

I was watching sixteen candles as usual because it is my best movie. I roll my eyes remembering how I stupidly fell in love with mohammad.

But it was like we connected the first time we met. I sigh keeping the bucket down as I scrolled through my email. I usually get chats about interesting stuff.

I scroll down and saw mohammad's message. Please say something.  Reply. I'm sorry. I solved the problem. Could you please come back? I miss you.......

The messages continued but I didn't enter or reply. I look at the TV thinking of what to do. My life is hereby spiceless. I will always be eating and watching. I only worked for five months only.

I groan as I lay down. I heard a knock and I sit up. "Come in." I adjust my shirt when I saw my mom. 'How are you?" She asks with an apple in her hands.

I am In the mood for an apple. She sits down then took a bite of the apple. I smile as she sighed. "I heard about the job incident. Salma, I sued her for harassment."

She says placing her hand in my thigh. "Are you alright now?" She asks me. "Well, no." I say. "Why?" She asks worried. "Because I thought the apple was mine."

I say and she hits me on the back. "I thought it was something important. Go get your apple yourself." She says standing up. "Thank you." I say smiling widely.

"You're welcome. Don't let the ice cream melt and don't gain weight or you must go to the gym." She says closing the door. I look at the bucket.

I'll take my chances.

I wake up hearing someone talking, muffled. It was becoming clearer. "Look at the Icecream all over her face." Ammah says as I heard imran laugh.

"She looks like a bum who ate a lot after given free food." He says and I open my eyes. "Screw you idiots." I say sitting up, rubbing my eyes.

"You're awake and the Ice cream gone." Ammah says but imran had left the room. "Is he still a pissed ne?" I ask looking at the door. "Yeah but not at you. Mohammad."

I roll my eyes.  "He is wasting his time." I say but she stands up. "I don't think he is though. He Is an asshole." She says as I raise an eyebrow at her. 'Sorry." She says standing close to the closet.

"How was your friend?" I ask and she groans. "She is so annoying! She kept on showing off like I went to dubai and slept in the best hotel which is the most expensive."

She shakes her head. "I was so tired of it so I just slept off while she kept on flapping her gums." She says laughing. "Yeah,  they suck." I add.

"How you holding up?" She asks looking worried. "Fine, it isn't a big deal. Relationships fail." I say placing my hands on my head. "Really?" She asks raising her eyebrow. "Shut up." I throw a pillow at her.

"What about that friend of yours in the office?" She asks. "I forgot about her sef. I should've checked up on her." I say scratching my head.

"Yeah, she might be going through a lot. Your office is like a high school movie. Hot guy, bad girls that hate you because he suddenly likes you and had a bad past."

She says scrolling through her phone.  "Haha haha." I say sarcastically. "Maryam fah?" She asked. "Well, she called and we spoke but she is going through hell too."

I say laying back down. "You seem pre occupied with your thoughts so I will leave you." She says nervously. "Okay. Greet ameer for me."

I say referring to her boyfriend and she laughs, walking out of the room. Kissing booth, here I come.

Don't forget to
Vote
Follow
Comment