26

I wake up, feeling tired than energized. I had slept in maryam's house, I needed it.

I sit up glancing at her. She slept soundly, flinging her legs around. Her baby bump is starting to appear.

I stand up and got to take my shower. I got ready then wrote on a paper telkjbg her that I have left for the office.

I drove off, thinking about our conversation.

"I don't know whether to say yes or not, I don't want to put him on the spot. There is a man researching whether there is a cure to this so I don't want to have children I the mean time."

I look at maryam who was cleaning her mouth. "This all depends on him, if he able to take all of that fine. Don't worry. Just ask him." She shrugs.

"Its not just. I will tell him that if we get married, a man said he will ruin your career plus, hey, we can't have children."

I say sarcastically, throwing my hands in the air. "Well, do you have a choice? Stop bitching and just tell him."

I sigh frustratedly.

I enter Mohammad's office while he sat on the couch watching something on his laptop.

"Hey." I smile, walking towards him. He sits up, looking at me. I sit beside him, thinking of where to start.

"Um, I don't know where to start." I admit, clasping my hands together.

"I want to talk about the proposal but I don't want you to enter a life you don't know about."

I say. "My ex fiancée threatened that if I get married to anyone except him he would ruin his career. Even if I agree, I don't want to have children till I find something that would suppress this...this disease."

I finish looking at him when he holds my hand. "About your ex, we would face him together. He isn't stronger than Allah, who created him."

He starts. "If it come to children, I understand. I will wait till you find something that will suppress it. All I need is you."

He says kissing my hand. I sit, shocked because he accepted it in a jiffy. "So, is it a yes?"

He asks as I nod before hugging him. He chuckles, hugging me back.

"I will tell my father, sai mu kawo gaisuwa."  He says, I pull away from him. "Okay, I'll tell my mom."

I keep a tray beside ummi who sat angrily. "What am I supposed to say? My friends embarrassed me."

She shakes her head. "I get that the guys went outside and they followed them. Aren't the men supposed to follow them?"

She asks looking at me. I nod just trying to calm her down. "I will be called the woman who has friends that ditched her."

She hissed. "Please tell me something that will make feel better please." She says, faking a smile.

"You'll be moving into your new house, every single thing is new." I try as she looks at me nodding.

"You know me so well." She laughs. "I miss the office badly, at least people don't leave you behind."

I sigh getting tired of her saying the same thing over and over again. "It's okay,I'm tired of you saying the same thing."

I say before she glares at me. "You don't know how it feels, I hope you don't on your wedding."

"I won't because mine is going to be a small crowd." I say smiling.

"Really? How would you know?" She asks when I raised my hand. "So? I've seen it before, wait this is different."

She holds my hand looking at the ring. "Yeah because Mohammad is the one who proposed to me." I say without looking at her.

She gasps, smiling widely. "I'm so happy for you!" She hugs me tightly. "Yeah, thanks." I pat her on the back.

"So when is it happening?" She asks pulling away from me. "Very soon since we prefer a small gathering."

I smile, just imagining it. "How small?" She leans her head on her palm. "My nuclear family and his. Tops around 15 people. No party or anything. We want it on the low."

I say as ummi nods. "Its easier for you though. I'll go ahead and greet the other guests. I'll be back."

She stands up, walking to the new batch of people who just came in.

Time passed by slowly because I wanted the day to come when I and Mohammad are one, a couple.

The days were slow but at the end, it came. I was obviously excited and it ended beautifully.

I arrive at our house as Mohammad stood behind me. "Wow, your taste is not so shabby."

I tease him while I looked around. "I aim to please." He says looking at me.

"I'll finish looking around when I take my bathe." I walk to the stairs. "Okay." He smiles looking at him.

I continue walking, still not able to grasp the concept that Mohammad is my husband. I smile, shaking my head.

I stop, remembering that I didn't ask him where my room was. "Um, Mohammad?" I call on him.

"First door to the left." He says. "Thank you." I open the door, rushing to take my bath.

I walk down the stairs wearing my sleeping gown. He sat down, making a phone call.

Already. He turns to look at me when his eyes widened. I chuckle at his expression.

"Yeah, I'll call you later." He hangs up before standing up, walking towards me.

"What do you think?" I ask when he carries me. "You look beautiful." He says as he carries me upstairs.

Vote
Comment
Follow