8

I woke up feeling a sharp pain around my neck and a migrane. I sat up slowly opening my eyes when i saw myself in mohammed's office.

"Good morning, sleepy head. " Mohammed says partially sitting on the table. He flipped the files like he was making sure it was the one.

"What happened?" I asks leaning on the couch backwards. "Well,  we were making out when you slept off." He says when i suddenly remembered.

I cringe feeling embarassed. "Oh, i drank sleeping pills." He nods then placed the files on the table.

"Well, you definitely slept soundly so i lay you down on the couch." He says smiling. "Did you even sleep at all?" I ask standing up.

"No, had to gather my files together." I pick up some files. "Wow, you must be feeling tired." I say. "Not really but I need to sleep though."

I look at the time and it was around 6am. We picked the papers and arranged them properly.

I sigh in relief after we packed all the papers. He sat beside me when i raised my phone. My mom called me 30times. I took a sharp breath in.
.
I kept It down as mohammed looked at me. "What is wrong?" He asks keeping his phone down.

"My mom called 30 times, she must've been worried." I say feeling bad. "She might understand or just say that you worked late."

I looked at him smiling. "Are you telling me to lie to my mom?" I say. "Advising." He replies meeting eyes with me. "Oh okay." I say nodding.

"Why did you stay honestly?" He asks not interupting the eye contact. "Because you needed someone to lean on." I say looking away for sometime.

"And I thank God for bringing you." He says but i had nothing to say so I just smiled. "I want you, Ruqqayya." He says I felt like I wanted to jump inside.

"You got me." I say when he crashed his lips on mine. I always said that i wasn't going to deny that i didn't like him. He pulled me close to him sitting down on his lap.

I pulled out and looked at the watch. His hand wax placed on my waist. "What?" He asks when I looked back at him. "Hadiza will be here any minute from now. It Is 9:30 am."

I say as he sighed. "Why do they have to ruin every moment?" He says placing his hand on my jaw. I smile before he placed a small kiss on my lips.

I stood up adjusting my clothes while he had his hands in his pocket. "You should take a day off." I raise my head in a hurry straining it.

"Ow!" I yelp in pain as he rushed to my side. "I rushed and i strained it." I explain. "Are you in that much of a hurry to leave?"
He looks at it. "Does it hurt when I touch it?" He asks but i felt nothing. "No, it doesn't". I say when the door swung open. Hadiza came in with salma in front of her.

I step away from him adjusting my collar. "What are you doing?" Salma asks looking at both of us suspiciously. "You could knock before you entered , miss salma."

He says without smiling as i look at him. "Oh, i am sorry but we just have to talk about the.......companies investing." She says looking at me from head to toe.

"I will be going." I say before walking to the door. "Have a good day, Rukayya." He says partially sitting on the table. "How are we going to do it?"

Salma says when I walk out. I went to my desk, picking up my stuff Including my blazer and left the office.

I sneaked in the house cause I called aunt fareedah and mummy is around. She called aunt fareedah to check whether I was with her.

I look around sneaking when I met eyes with my mom. I smile before she shouts at me. I relax my muscles, walking towards her.

"You know that I called you....". She looks at her phone to check as i sit down on the floor. "30times to check on you and what we're you doing huh?"

She shouts when Ammah and Imran walk in. "What's going on?" Ammah asks in confusion. "Leave us so i can talk to your sister." They looked at each other then left. "What were you doing?" I sigh in exhaustion and close my eyes.

"Eh had to be in the office because of a huge meeting that was supposed to be done today and it took all night so after we finished,  he told us that we could take a day off."

I lie without even stuttering but my mom looked at me suspiciously. "Okay then why didn't you call to inform me? Don't lie to me, I always find out."

My mom says. "Leave this girl be!" Aunt fareedah says walking in. "Fareedah,  don't meddle in our business." Mom said before aunt fareedah stood in front of her.

"She is an adult, let her be." She says but my mom moved her to the side. "Abeg, go do it to your daughter. Let me do mine." Mom says as i nod.

"Go, child. I will sort this out." I stood up about to leave when i felt my body feeling limp and numb. Shit. I fell on the floor feeling weirs. "Rukayya!" I could hear my my mother's voice clearly but bassed.

"Oh my god,  my child." My mom says placing my head on her lap. My siblings came in a hurry just to see from being scolded at to being cared for on the cold floor. LIFE

I sit down on my bed, the day not going as well as i imagined. My mom placed a tray of food on my drawer. "Are you sure that you're fine?" My mom asks with her hands shaking.

"Yes, i just didn't eat since lunch." I say and she nods doing something with her fingers. Aunt fareedah said that my mom has changed drastically since my father died.

I would've love to know how she was before. "Mom, like for real i didn't eat. That was why not anything. If there is, i will tell you."

She nods then hurries out of the room. I sigh before taking a bite of the apple that was placed in my tray. I watched with my laptop.

I came out of the shower when i saw Ammah crying. I don't think she knew I was out. "Ammah, are you okay?" I ask as she wiped her tears.

"Yeah, of course. I am just worried about you." She obviously lied. Ammah is caring but crying?  No.

"Tell me the truth." I say sitting on the bed with her beside me. "It was said that dad's first symptoms was dizziness and fainting." She says and i nod.

"Yeah, i guess so." I say handing her a tissue. "I would love to meet him." She says smiling. "Me too." I say when Ammah scoffed.

I looked at wiping the tears. "I know you miss him and cry about it but have you ever sat down to think about us. Abba didn't even know of our existence when he died. At least he gave you all the attention and love us, we never even met him at all."

Ammah says when i smiled at my stupidity. It is true. I am such a baby crying everyday about him while my siblings didn't even see their father even once not to talk of him holding them.

I hugged her as she sobbed.

Don't forget to
Vote
Follow
Comment