24

I close the front door, feeling way better than before. Maryam cheered up my mood and I cheered hers.

I chuckle at the jokes we made when I saw imran. I suddenly remembered the talk we started but couldn't finish.

I want to hear who that sadeeq guy is. "Hey, boy with eyebags." I tease him as he turns to look at me before groaning.

"I thought I was having a good day." He teases me back walking to the parlor.

I follow him. "What is it you wanted to tell me before Maryam called yesterday?" I ask sitting beside me and his facial expression changed.

This suddenly increased my curiosity. "What is it? Who is sadeeq?" I ask him, my tone turns serious.

"Sadiq is Imran, he lied to you. He is a businessman whose father died mysteriously when he was removed in the company by his father or whatever."

He starts but i just raise an eyebrow. "I know you never was a fan of him that much but this is just absurd."

I smile at his words but he looked serious. "I'm not joking." He says with a straight face.

"Thus can't be possible." I shake my head, unable to agree with what my nincompoop brother is saying.

"I couldn't too at first because it seemed like a movie or something but it is hundred percent reality." He says facing me.

"And why should I believe you? Do you have evidence or a anything?"

I ask my voice a bit high. "I'm coming." Imran says then went to his room.

He comes back, handing a file to me. I look at it and take it, flipping the pages. Reading every line.

I feel imran looking at me. "How are you sure this is all real?" I ask without looking at him.

"Mukhtar helped me find most of the documents but he had an accident. I didn't want to tell you, so did he."

He say as i look at me him, my eyes widened. "Mukhtar? Which hospital is he in?" I ask worried.

"The crystal garden." He say and i stand up in a hurry. "Where are you going?"

Imran asks standing up. "I'm going there to visit him." I answers my voice shaking a bit.

"Not now, tomorrow." Imran says with hesitation. "What do you mean tomorrow? He is alone there with no one by his side and we are like his family."

I take my bag. "You know he isn't going to tell his mom or family about it because they will get worried. Plus he got hurt trying to reveal whatever your theories are."

I say walking out of the parlor, towards the front door. "Fine, I'll drive. You must be tired."

Imran volunteers as  I hand him the car keys but he scoffs. "I mean wit my car." He walks out.

I knock on the door of a hospital room. "Come in, person." I hear Muktar's sarcastic voice and I walk in.

He was laying down with his legs apart buy immediately he saw me, he trued to adjust in a hurry even though he wasn't looking well.

"Ya rukky, how....what brings you here to my condo?" He smiles forcefully glaring at imran who stood beside me, making eye signals.

"Muktar, how are you doing? You're all bruised up." I sit down on the chair beside the bed.

"Its nothing, I just got hit by an okada man. These people should watch how they drive." He shakes his head, lying and acting perfectly.

"She knows." Imrans says while he state comfortably on the couch. "Why did you tell her?"

Muktar asks angrily. "She needed to know, she is engaged to the man." Imran says a Muktar looks at me with his eyes widened.

"What? You really need to break up with him. He was said to have killed his own father so he could get the company immediately."

Muktar informs me. "He did this to me and he didn't deny it. He came here once and met up with imran, right?"

He turns to look at imran who was long asleep. "He must've been tired." I say looking at him.

"Yeah, he has been here all day and with this sadeeq stuff, he gets exhausted."

He turns back to look at me. "You need to stay away from him, he is cunning. Not to hurt you but there might be a reason why he is with you."

Muktar says as I stand up, pacing around. This can't be true, are we in a movie or what?

I come to a halt and a conclusion. I look at the floor. A part of me wishing everything is a lie.

I have to meet up with him. I need to talk to him or should I just ignore him?
Meet up with him it is.

I am back home with my brother, he staggered is way to his room. I couldn't help but look at him.

This boy is someone's father.

I shrug my shoulders as the truth dawns back at me. I walk to my room and sat on my bed.

I take a deep breath before glancing at my bag. I open it, bringing out the file imran gave to me.

I flip the pages reading the little evidence he could gather. All in all so far from my brother's theory, he has killed 24 people.

24 people? Imran? Nah, not the same imran I know of.

I close the file, covering my mouth with my hands. I sit down thinking about how unlucky I am with guys.

From a player to a murderer. Well, unless he says it himself. I close my eyes when my phone rang.

I look at it as I saw imran calling me. I shake my head then picked it up.

"Hey". I say try to act sleepy. " Hey, how are you doing?" He asks in his usual calm tone.

"I'm good, just kinda sleepy." I lie. "Okay, sorry I disturbed you." He says sounding apologetic.

"Its alright, goodnight." I say before hanging up. I look at my phone for some time and stood up to change.

Vote
Comment
Follow

Stay indoors. Quarantine got me feeling lazy to update. Sorry....♥♥