5

I was drinking my hot coffee while i shivered. I get cold easily because it was kind of the side effects of being ill. I roll some tissue and empty my nose.

Muhammed comes in while looking at some files. I gawk at how neat he looked when our eyes met. I casually smile and he did the same.

I felt like plucking my eyes out with disgrace. "Rukky, are you fine?" He asks. "Just a cold." I sneeze and lift my head slowly.

"Do you want to take a day off?" He says looking a little worried that is if i could read expressions well. A day off? Hell yeah!

"But sir, we have tonnes of work to do." She says when he sighed. I want to go home, chill, watch sixteen candles as usual while i gist with my friends on the phone but i can't .

"No sir, i will stay and help besides it is just a minor cold." I say as he nods. "Are you sure because we might be even working late?"

I felt like my heart was torn out of my chest. "Yes." I say with a little high pitched tone. "Okay but follow me to my office." I enter the office while he opens his drawer.

I stand opposite him, looking at him. How he searched his drawer, there was one thing clear. It is rough. He handed me some packs of different pills.

"I usually keep some here because i sometimes get sick." There were different kinds of pills. "I didn't know what to give you so...."

He closed the drawer and sat down. "Thank you." I walk to the door. "If you need anything,.....just notify me." He says hitting a pen on the table.I nod and walk out. My eyes met with hadiza's but just turned away.

"What about the stadium? Is it still on?" Hadiza asks him while we sort out the files. "Yes." He simply answered and she had a kind of disappointed look on her face.

I was just arranging, classifying ,next. It was silent now but the noise of files being flipped or kept was still present . "Can i go get us some coffee?" Hadiza volunteered. She is really desperate for his attention or opinion.

"Yes, please get me black coffee, dark." He says and she nods without asking me, she walked out. I picked up a little sharp sculpture when i got cut. The sculpture fell down and broke.

I gasp at the sudden incident. "What happened?" Mohammed came to me. "I was just looking at it then it suddenly cut me then it fell. I am sorry, really sorry."

I looked at him but it was like he didn't care about it. "You are bleeding and you are apologizing. Sit over here."

I sat down on the table while he brought a tissue. "Press it, come on." He held my wrist and we walked out of the office. I wore a jumpsuit black, an inner white long sleeve shirt, black veil with tombs black and white.

I removed the strap of the jumpsuit exposing the white shirt. He wore a sweatpants with a shirt. His hair was wavy, his lips were pink and the height difference was perfect.

We arrived at the nursing station. I sat down on the bed and looked around. "What were you thinking?" He asked but i just sighed because i just zoned out.

I was so mesmerized with my thoughts. "I don't even know, sir." I say looking outside while he kept the items beside me.

I knew what was wrong with me, i just missed my father so much but how can i miss him if i didn't even know him in the first place.

"I hate it when you call me sir, just call me Mohammed. It is way better." I nod as he looked at my eyes. "This is going to sting." He says before placing the wool soaked with iodine.

I looked at the wound. It was across my palm and it was deep. I felt like crying because i missed him so much. He placed it on the wound when i took a sharp breath. It was agonizing.

I felt some tears rolling down my cheeks. I looked like a big fat baby but i still cried. It wasn't for the pain caused by the iodine, no.

I tried to recall my father but every memory with him, his face wasn't clear and it hurt me badly. "It's done now so don't worry." He says wiping off the tears of my cheeks.

I was looking down wards and it was like the tears wouldn't stop. I could sense that he realized the tears wasn't for that. He held my shoulders silently not knowing what to do.

"When my classmate's father came, i envied them. When they came to pick them up, i only looked. I cried, prayed, wrote and told but it didn't change anything."

I stop to catch my breath. "Some children teased me, even though i was bought anything i wanted. Every adult pitied me because when it was open day and stuff, my mother usually comes."

I sobbed. "My father's family are kind of distant especially when my grandparents died. My mom came or her friend fatima." I look at him but he had a sad face all over.

"Exactly eighteen years ago, my father died. I miss him but i don't even know him. I only heard stories about him."

I wipe my tears and sighed. "When i was in Canada, i knew a chick, salma. She never really liked me in the first place. She sent me a picture of my father when he was on his death bed."

"I guess it was leaked.....i.....i...". I was short of air when his eyes widened. "Rukayya, you need to calm down. Breathe." He said but i was having a panic attack.

"You need to breathe." He says while he soothes me when he gave me an oxygen mask. I could finally breathe again and it was like i still couldn't deep down.

He hugged me while he caressed my back. I held his arm and closed my eyes but i could only see the picture of my father with tubes everywhere. My siblings don't know about it ,only my mom.

She got rid of the picture and warned salma's parents because the next time she will be sued for harassment but it still never changed my memory.

Someone walked in but i didn't bother to open my eyes. "What the..?" Hadiza says when i opened my eyes. I slowly pulled away removing the oxygen mask .

"Hadiza, you should go home. We are done for the day." He says putting his hands in his pocket . She looked confused but didn't want to argue.

She simply nodded and left with the two cups of coffee in her hands. I sat there not knowing what to do next. My emotions just bursted out without thinking who i should or shouldn't say to?

He turned back to me while i looked at the white curtain. "Rukayya, i don't know much about you and you about me but i want to. Anytime, you feel...depressed just tell me."

He tells me while trying to lower his head to mine, making eye contact. "I claim i am going through a lot but you have a lot of shit goingso much so that i feel like i am a baby."

I smile feeling a little better. "Okay?" He says while wiping some tears still hanging around. I smile when i suddenly feel his lips on mine.

What the f...?