21

I pick my bag, clearing my table. Ummi has left early so she could start getting ready for her wedding.

I keep my phone in my bag when Mohammed came out of the office. Our eyes met but I just looked away.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" Mohammed asks as I threw my bag on my shoulder.

"No, thank you." I say smiling weakly at him. "Is imran taking you out?" He asks smiling a bit.

Why is he smiling? You're supposed to be angry.

"Yeah, going to dinner." I say adjusting my chair. "Really? That is good, I am happy for you. Hope you have a good night."

He says before he walks out of the room. "Seriously?" I mutter to myself and got out of he building when I see imran standing in front of his car.

I smile at him as he walks towards me. "Hey." He hugs me. "How's work?" He asks pulling away from the embrace.

"Good, I thought you would pick me up from home." I say walking to the car. "Nah, i couldn't wait to see you."

He says looking at me before opening the door. I shake my head, smiling. "Your flattery is improving." I sit in the car.

Maybe I'm just exaggerating.

We arrive at the room that was reserved for us. I sit down, looking around.

"I never noticed this place, its very nice." I say smiling when imran sat beside me.

"Yeah, I had to improvise and then I found this place." He looks at me. "Well, it is really nice."

I nod slowly. "I want us to talk about us, our future." Imran says. "Okay, what do you want to talk about?" I look at him, placing my chin on mg palm.

"I know that your still have feelings for that guy, your boss but I am still willing to be with you."

I feel stupid and embarrassed. "I'm not trying to make you feel bad but tell me if we can continue preparing for our marriage." He asks straight forwardly.

I take a deep breath before sitting up right. "You can." I say as he holds my hand in his.

"I'm not pressurizing you, right?" He asks. "Not at all, you are understanding." I say truthfully.

"That's good, so what do you want to talk about?" He asks as I look at him.

Imran's point of view

I close the door of my car feeling tired. I walk to the parlor when I saw zainab. "Where's Amma?" I ask sitting down.

"She went out with her friends." She says without looking at me. "Okay." I nod while pulling out my phone.

"Maryam is here." Zainab spats. "Okay." I reply still scrolling through my phone.

"Aren't you going to see her?" Zainab asks looking at me. "What is it , zainab? What answer are you looking for exactly?"

I say keeping my phone. "Just...nothing.  I want her to go because she has just been asking about you."

Zainab says and I sigh. Dating maryam in the first place is a mistake. I hang my head.

"Imran." I hear maryam's voice. I look at her and something is definitely off. She played with her ring nervously.

"Can we talk? In private?" She says as I look at zainab who turned watching like we weren't around.

"Sure, let go to the kitchen." I stand up walking there first.

We enter the kitchen but maryam couldn't look at me. "What is it?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I am pregnant." She says without beating around the bush. I feel my heart skip a bit.

"What do you mean? We haven't done it for a long time and there is no way that the baby is mine."

I say calmer than I thought. "You can say anything you want but you know you are the only person I sleep with."

She says with tears in her eyes, her hands shaking. I don't want her to go through this alone.

"Its alright, its my baby. It's true, I'm the only one." I say trying to console her.

"It's not! What will I tell my parents? Oh lord." She paces around.

"I know but you should calm down. I think there is one option to this." I say holding her by the shoulder.

"What is it?" She asks farrowing her eyebrows. "I'm not going to abort the baby." She glares at me as I smile.

"Abortion is not an option, I just have to get married to you." I say and her eyes widened.

"Don't get this wrong but I don't really think I want to. I just started liking this guy." She says.

"It's an option. I don't mind taking the heat but can you?" I ask shoving my hand in my pocket.

Don't forget to;

Vote
Comment
Follow