14

Imran and I have been 'dating' for a month now. He has been there for me even though he knew I am not interested in him. We usually go out for shopping, eating out and sometimes to the park.

He is a really chill person so much so that he and my brother sometimes go out for whatever they do. I let them hang out when I don't feel like going out or meeting anyone.

My mom knows him now but as expected she preferred mohammad. Mohammad called less than before and I don't really mind.

"We'll be going out to you know, do some things." Imran says standing up from beside me as he signalled my brother. "Yeah." I say nodding.

"I can't believe that you're leaving me here for my brother." I say to Imran and he chuckles. "I know and I'm sorry but this is urgent."

He says kissing me on the forehead. "I'm driving so ill be waiting for you outside." My brother says without turning back. "Okay, I'll be out in a sec."

He says to my brother then faces me. "I will be back in thirty minutes tops." He says walking way. "Hurry then." I say smiling widely.

I heard the car drove off as I scrolled through my phone when I saw maryam with my brother's robe. "Where did you come out from?"

I ask not believing my eyes. "Your brother's room, duh." She says rolling her eyes. "You're disgusting." I say to her from a distance. "Shut it!" She shouts.

Imran's P.O.V

We park at an ice cream shop,  looking at it. "So there it is." I say. "Yeah. There it is." Imran says tapping the door. "I'll go get some for us."

I say about to open the door when he stops me. "Nah, I'll get it." He says with a little smile. "Okay, thanks." I say and he got out. I am also am so cool with this Imran because he is there for my sister.

I know that some people call me dramatic over this stuff but it is a huge thing for me. After what my mom is going through with Abdallah, I don't want anyone to go through it.

I don't really like that mohammad guy because he is so annoying and incompetent.

How could a person be bullied or harassed in your company but you don't really care?

I was thinking when I remembered that I didn't give him the flavour I wanted. Please let it not be strawberry. I bring out my phone and saw the pictures that maryam took.

Don't get me wrong about maryam. She is cool, hot, beautiful and nice but she is so darn clingy and pushy. She gets all up on your case even when it's none of her business.

I first met her when I went to Canada with ammah to see ya rukky. It was in a restaurant and my sisters kept on talking, leaving me with her so I took the first step by talking to her.

We exchanged numbers, called each other, chat, meet and then she put me on the spot to date her.

I like her but she ain't the one. I look at my watch, planning what I have to do. The door swung open as Imran entered.  "Here you go, banana split ice cream." Imran hands me the ice cream.

"Wow, it's like you guessed my best." I say eating a bite. "Yeah, rukayya told me." He says and I nod. "Tell me the truth. Do you like that maryam chick?"

He asks me sating his own that was in a cone. "Nah, I would've preferred only friends." I reply. "Then why are you sleeping with her?"

He asks straight forwardly as I slowly look at him, awkwardly. "She just tricks me. When I start telling her the truth,  she just comes and seduces me so I forget for sometime."

I say taking at spoon. "Okay." He says simply. "Are you going to start the car?" Imran asks because I wasn't even trying to. "Nah, mukhtar is coming so.......he'll be here in five or I'll drive away."

I say when I heard heard a knock. "Speaking of the devil." I say smiling. I open the door as he came in. "Don't even talk to me you traitor."

He says slamming the door. "Are you still passed about that?" I ask laughing. "You left me there so they had to send me to Edo state. I ran away but still, I spent a week there and you just left the NYSC grounds. It's okay"

Mukhtar says before taking my ice cream. "No one can blame me at this point." I say driving. "Sannu." Mukhtar says to Imran. "Mhmm, you too." Imran says without looking at him but his phone.

"O..kay?" Mukhtar says weirdly.

"No, the women tend to use that over you like my elder sister. God, I feel like dying when she does that. Women cry to get you to do something."

I say talking to the guys in the car. "Yeah but my girl wouldn't do that,  rukayya wouldn't." Mukhtar says while Imran just looked at him.

"You know, he's her boyfriend right?" I say as Mukhtar looks at Imran with a seriously?  This guy look. I burst out laughing at him.

"How did you feel when your aunt maryam die?" Imran asked out of the blue. "I guess sad since it was a car accident." I say feeling down.

"I thought it was HIV because I was told that her father disowned her." He says as I snap my head to his direction. "it is a car accident, that are just rumors." I say coolly. "Okay." He says as he got out of the car.

I watch him walk to the door. "Hey, what are you looking at?" Mukhtar asks me. "That guy is weird." I say as Mukhtar claps his hands.

"He is just a her but why are you saying that? " He says leaning forward from the back seat. "You know my aunt maryam?" I ask him because she was like his aunt too.

"Yeah of course." He says. "She didn't die of a car accident, she died of HIV but only close family knew. She cheated on our uncle zaheer and got it so her father disowned her."

I say shaking my head. "Yeah so?" Mukhtar asks. "He just said that she died of HIV. Nobody knows except very close people and even us know because she lived with us afterwards."

I say as he gasped. "Then how does he know?" He asks in surprise. "I don't know but check him out for me while I keep a closer eyes on him. Give me everything about that guy."

I say and he nods. "No problem." He says with a nod. How does he even know this shit?

"You know she is my best aunt." He says as I glare at him. "You're ruining it."

Don't forget to
Vote
Follow
Comment