25

I walk into the restaurant where I am supposed to meet Imran, I mean sadeeq.

I see him sitting down, smiling at me from afar. I felt like pouring water on him but I just need to calm down.

I smile back, sitting down. "Hey.' I didn't wait for him to stand up and pull the chair for me.

"Hey, how are you?" Sadeeq asks looking at me. "I'm good, just wondering about some stuff." I keep my bag.

"What about?" He asks narrowing his eyes. "You of course." I place my hands on the table.

"Oh Kay, what about me?" He leans backwards. "Why did you have to lie to me? About your real name? Your identity?"

I ask straight forwardly as he smiles, looking at me. "Your brother told you, I have to say that he is quite brave."

He sits up. "Yes, what are your questions?" He asks while I shake my head.

"Why did you have to lie? Everything you told me and how you felt, was it all a lie?"

I ask still feeling like I'm in a movie. "To be honest, I said that as a lie at first but afterwards I think I started have feelings for you."

He changed into a different person. He was more open and straight forward. "I felt so bad for you and you are not ugly so I'm not to be blamed if I feel something for you." He say taking a sip of water.

"This is not a joke, you played me." I say. "If you had any feeling, that is just collateral damage."

He says with a blank expression. "Well, luckily I didn't." I lie, I started having feelings for him.

"Ouch but I really meant it when I said I have feelings for you. I want to marry you."

He becomes more serious. "No, I will have to pass on that one. I don't want to marry a fraud or is it murderer?"

I ask and he frowns. "Who told you I killed anyone? Are you making rumors now?"

He asks as I look at my wristwatch. "I'm getting late, I have to go." I say looking at him, wanting to leave.

"Fine, think about my proposal on us getting married." He clasps his hands together.

I scoff at his 'proposal'. I remove the engagement ring he gave me. He looks at the ring then back to me.

"Like I said, I'll pass." I take my bag, standing up. "If you don't, I will ruin your spouse's career. Whoever he is."

Sadeeq threatens with a cold stare, he looked so dangerous. I walk away, ignoring his threats even though it bugged me internally.

I walked into the office, my head still on sadeeq. I can't believe this, I've been played and he has the guts to tell me that he started having feelings for me.

I scoff alone as I throw my bag on the chair. I place my hands on my waist. I, Ruqayyah Ahmad has been played.

I close my eyes when I heard a noise of something shattering. I roll my eyes, getting back to my old thoughts.

Let me check Mohammad, maybe he died or something. I knock the door before entering.

I see Mohammad jotting something down while making a phone call. "Okay, we'll meet up later. Okay, goodbye." He hangs up then looks at me.

"I heard something shatter, is everything alright?" I ask and he nods walking to his chair.

"Yeah, thank you." He sits, typing something on his laptop. I nod, turning around. "Is Ummi around?" He asks looking at me.

"No, she left to get ready for her  wedding." I say. "Okay then come sit. You're bored and I'm bored."

He says and I nod, walking towards the chair opposite him. "But wouldn't there be people looking for you?" I ask.

He continues typing. "They can knock on my door." He answers as I sit. I look around.

"So how's your preparations?" He asks without looking at me. "It has been cancelled." I look away, playing with my hands.

"That explains why you didn't wear your ring?" He asks before he stopped typing to look at me.

"Yeah." I say surprised that he even noticed. "May I ask why if you don't mind?"

He asks. "He turned out to be someone I never knew."

I say smiling a bit. "Did you love him?" He popped the golden question. "A little." I answer honestly.

"If you loved him a little, why were you willing to marry him?" He asks.

"Because I want to get my priorities straight. I don't want to keep on dating till I die and i knew that I would fall for him in time." I admit it.

"I never knew you wanted to get married." He replies. Obviously. I continue playing with my hands.

"If I did, I would've asked you first." He spats, flattering me. I nod with a slight smile.

He stands up, kneeling beside me. "When I still have the chance, will you marry me?" He asks opening a box with a ring in it.

The door swung open as maryam appeared. I raise the bags of fast food that I bought.

"Please come in." She says smiling widely. I walk inside taking off my veil and bag.

"I hate my life." I say throwing myself on the chair. "Why would you say that?" She brings two plates.

"I don't know, I killed a great vibe. Mohammad asked me to marry him." I look at her and she gasps, clapping her hands.

"I said I'll have to think about it because it is my life, I can't keep on playing with it." I say when she hits me on my arm.

"The fuck is wrong with you? You killed the vibe, but aren't you engaged to imran?"

She asks tilting her head. "Nope, I ended the relationship when I found out he's a fraud." She furrows her eyebrows.

"He faked his identity, he is a murderer in reality. Well he is being suspected of killing his father and when I ask him, he told me everything."

I shake my head. "He said that he didn't love me at first but afterwards he started having feelings for me and we should just get married."

Maryam raised an eyebrow, listening to every word I said. "And he had the guts to threaten me. He said whoever I marry if it isn't him, he would ruin his career."

I stand up pacing around. "Okay, ignore him but be careful. Tell Mohammad so he would know if you will agree to marry him."

Maryam says serving the food. "Get married and be happy. As for me, the guy i told you about is down to marry me."

She says as I squeal. "Really? I'm so happy for you." I sit down beside her. "Yeah but I still need to tell my parents."

She looks at me then sighed. "You are welcome to sleep at the hotel with me. My mom would not let you sleep in the same house as her right now."

I pat her hand. "God, I regret sleeping with imran. I will go straight to hell." She shakes her head before we burst out laughing.

"Abeg, let us eat our sorrows away." Maryam says, handing me my plate.

Vote
Comment
Follow