- Chapter 1 -

The clacking of heels were heard and echoed through the halls of the palace in a very angered tone which also complimented the owner, Anisa Hassan. All the palace guards and servants got worried and stopped all their duties to wait and see what she had in store for them and when she came to a complete stop, she looked around. 

"Which one of you cleaned my office room?" her intimidating, yet threatening voice filled their ears with fear.

But, the consequences were far worse if they were to stay silent which is why one of the servants rose her hand awkwardly and slowly, unable to look at Anisa in the eyes.

"Why did you touch my desk? I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I have everything in a certain order!"

Her echoes jumped back and forth and then came her father, curious as to see why every servant and guard had lined up before her.

"What's the matter here, Anisa?" He looked around, "Why have you got them all lined up?"

"This doesn't concern you Baba. You can get back to work." She shut her eyes from annoyance and watched her father sigh and disappear up the stairs.

That's when Anisa slowly walked up to the servant that had raised her hands and looked at her face, examining it closely to look for any sign of remorse or sympathy. But, she could only sense fear written all over her. 

"What is your name?" She asked her

"Samira." 

"How long have you been working here? Hm?" Anisa circled around her like a shark that would swim around its prey, waiting for the right moment to attack. 

"I...I...I'm new here, it's been a week madam."

Upon hearing that this girl was new, she eased up a little and looked back down at her.

"Let this be a lesson to you." 

With that, Anisa, stormed back into her office through the hallway and after the servants heard her door shut, they all felt like they were able to breathe again and gasped for air. But what they never did was speak ill of Anisa and the reason was all out of pity. 

Anisa was the only daughter that her father, Salman Hassan had with her late mother, Hayat. She was the first wife to him and the most cherished one. But she passed a sudden death upon being pregnant with a second child, unable to bear it. 

Ever since, Anisa had a lot going through her life since childhood after her father married again with Humeyra who bore two children with him. A girl, Layla, and a boy, Yasin. Anisa loathed Layla and kept her distance from her at all times while her stepbrother, Yasin, treated her like his own sister.

"Anisa, I think you should take it easy on yourself sometimes and think about how your servants feel and the work they do for you each day."

Her bodyguard, Amin, suggested as she sat on her chair behind her desk.

"That doesn't make anything easier Mr. Amin. That only makes you weak." Anisa looked back at her desk and went back to organizing it the way she previously did before the incident.

"Being princess is never easy, I get that, but you're only causing stress for yourself while doing this." Amin said.

She looked up and the only reason she never held any attitude around Mr. Amin was because he was her bodyguard and had been by her side for as long as she could remember. He used to read her stories, something her father had never done with her during her childhood and even took her out to the places she insisted like amusement parks.

He had more of a father stance than her own father which is why she had so much patience with him.

Anisa sighed and lay her head down on her desk. "I just wish my father never threw these anniversary parties. Tell me, Mr. Amin, what's the point? Why can't he celebrate his marriage with that devil in private?"