- Chapter 34 -

Anisa's stay at the hospital lasted two more days. In those two days, Tahir was busy watching her and also having meetings. He allowed her to meet Layla and give her a brief visit. The two came to complete terms and reconciled with each other. 

But, Tahir was still upset with his father. He even told him not to show himself to Anisa during her stay at the hospital, mostly because he didn't want her to experience the same kind of anger and deception he had. 

Instead, he allowed the family to come and visit her. Her aunts and uncles came with their children. All of them were considered distant relatives to her. By the time they had all visited, Anisa's room was filled with flowers of which she never got tired of admiring. She loved them. 

"You know, out of all of them, I like this one," she pointed to a bouquet of baby breath. 

Tahir took a look and compared the bouquet to the rest. But, it was smaller in petal size and simply white. He couldn't understand. 

"It's so delicate and small. But, it's what brings out the rest of the flowers when you place them together. It's the kind that's underappreciated which is why it's so special to me," she smiled, looking up at them. 

Her statement impressed Tahir. But, it also made him realize he never got her anything since her admittance to the hospital. 

Before he was able to get up from reading the reports from the palace guards, there was a knock on the door. Once it opened, Dr. Maryam entered with a few papers in her hands. 

"Salam, I hope you've been feeling well Anisa," she smiled.

Anisa returned one Tahand said, "Thank you for your care."

"Don't worry, it's my job," Dr. Maryam told her.

Then, she looked at both Tahir and Anisa and said, "I have news for you both in regards to Anisa's condition. She's been doing well. Her muscles have shown great recovery which is why she's able to walk so well. She's also shown progress with her nutrient and dietary intake so she's been well fed and brought back to her regular state."

Tahir felt at ease upon hearing this and looked towards Anisa while Dr. Maryma continued to explain. 

"Overall, you're back to full health, Anisa. Thank you for your cooperation. But, I do have to warn you that you may experience some emotional pain due to the sudden trauma that's developed from your incident. Normally, I would recommend my patients a therapist for this kind of situation, but, I've been watching your recovery and I think that just by having your bodyguard at your side will come well for you."

Anisa blushed immediately and looked down at her fingers. Tahir let out a simple smile while shaking his head and placing his hand on his forehead. 

It was as though for one moment, happiness was finally welcoming them at the front door. They were simply happy and nothing else was present at this moment but each other. 

"With that being said, I'm confident enough to discharge you from your stay here. You're more than welcome to come here anytime. But, I hope you never experience something that prompts you to come," Dr. Maryam said

Anisa chuckled and at that moment, time stopped for Tahir. Everything around him wasn't moving but the laughter of Anisa and her smile that followed. All of this felt unreal, too good to be true. But, he had been feeling this way ever since she was back in his arms. There was nothing more he could ask for. 

"But, from now on, I want you to take better care of yourself. Make sure you're getting the best treatment. I think I can count on Tahir for that," Dr. Maryam looked at him and snapped him back to reality.