- Chapter 12 -

Anisa had entered the palace, but, she wasn't going to be staying for long. She knew that the family was currently having dinner so she walked into the dining room and greeted everyone with a slight bow upon entering.

"Anisa, where have you been?" Her father stood up from his seat but didn't walk over to personally greet her.

"I have an announcement to make," she started, "I won't be in the palace for another month. I'll be staying at the beach house temporarily."

"How come?" King Salman asked.

"I just want a break from the chaos that happens here. But, don't worry, I won't be neglecting my work while I'm away. I just wanted to inform you of where I would be," she responded

There was silence as she turned to walk back. Humeyra was content with the news she was hearing. Having Anisa around the palace made her stay on her feet, always having to be cautious. Even Layla was able to let out a have breath from comfort.

Just before Anisa walked out, she remembered, "Also, I'll be taking a maid with me."

Humeyra nodded as Anisa held eye contact with her for a brief moment.

Once she left, she looked for Hakim and figured that he was probably around the main hall of the castle.

"I hope you know how loyal he is towards your father," Tahir said, walking beside her. 

"If anything, Hakim is more loyal to me. I was the one that introduced him to my father," Anisa smiled at the memory that flashed in her mind, back to the first few days she met Hakim. 

"Speak of the devil," She said as soon as she spotted him. 

Hakim saw Anisa approach him and instantly flashed a smile, greeting her. 

"Anisa, it's been a few days since I've seen you," he slightly bowed his head. 

"Same here. But, I've come to you for a favor," she started.

"Of course, whatever you wish for, " he reassured her. 

Anisa paused to give him one last expression before she told him, "I'm going to be leaving the palace for a month. Baba and everyone else is aware of it. In that time I'd like for you to update me on everything that goes on here and I'd like it if you did it discreetly."

Hakim's smile slowly faded and asked, "Is everything alright?"

Anisa nodded, "Yes, I just want you to be my informant while I'm gone. Just, don't let anyone know you are."

Hakim looked down for a second with wavering eyes. Not because he felt as though he was betraying anyone, but he grew concerned because this was never asked of him, especially by Anisa.

"Well, yes, you know I'll do it. I just hope that you're not doing something that'll put you in danger," he said.

"I'm flattered that you're worried for me, but Mr. Hakim, I'm fine, trust me. Besides, I've got a trustworthy bodyguard if anything happens"

Anisa turned to look at Tahir who nodded once towards Hakim, reassuring him and proving Anisa's point, correct.

"Alright. I trust you and I'm glad you trusted me with this. I won't let you down," he bowed and Anisa smiled, "Thank you."

Meanwhile, King Salman sat, overthinking Anisa's announcement and grew worried. If Anisa was ever tired, it only took her three days to return to the castle. But, this time, she insisted on a whole month.

"Dear, don't worry, she's a very capable person. She's grown enough to spend some time outside of the castle," Humeyra slowly patted his shoulder, giving him a soft smile