- Chapter 8 -

So far, the event was going smoothly. Everyone was busy doing something. Whether they were conversing and making business plans on the spot, or serving people with food and drinks, each person was occupied.

Tahir kept the perimeter under his full control. He had access to the entire security system. And, since this was the royal hotel, even the security guards were present and ready for any of his commands.

"Team C, I want you to switch patrol onto the outside area and team B, I need you inside the hotel," he said into the earpiece.

Then, he focused his attention on Anisa and her conversation with Abbas.

"You know, they're rumored to be engaged."

Tahir turned to his right to find Saif just beside him and replied, "when did you get here?"

"Not long ago. But something tells me he's not the type of guy the princess would go for," Saif said.

Tahir looked back at Anisa to watch her every move and expression, analyzing her feelings from a distance to see that she was keeping the conversation entirely professional.

Then, he looked at Abbas. Tahir was told he was the biggest shareholder of the hotel and from the looks of it, he seemed to be around his age.

"It doesn't seem like those two are getting engaged at all."

Tahir brushed off the thought as he said that.

He and Saif continued to look around, monitoring everyone while Anisa finished her talk with Abbas.

"Well, I'm glad you were able to help with this event," she smiled

"It's my pleasure. There's a reason why I invest in this hotel. Why not give back to it with an event like this?" Abbas replied.

"Thank you again, Abbas. Now if you excuse me, I think we're almost ready for the auction." Anisa walked off as soon as she saw Abbas nod.

Tahir saw that she was making her way to the stage and followed right behind her.

"Status update on the security of the event?" Anisa asked him as soon as she felt his presence.

"I've got men all over the area, inside and out. Don't worry about these things. Focus on what you're planning on doing," Tahir told her.

They made it backstage and Anisa stopped before a woman and said, "Let's start the auction. Also, I'd like for my name to be mentioned when the price and description of my item are announced."

The woman nodded and Anisa turned towards Tahir to tell him, "We need to go to the balcony. I'm going to need the best view I can get."

He nodded and pressed on the button of his earpiece to make an announcement. 

"The princess is moving to the balcony. I want Saif to come beside me and the rest of you stay in position and be on high alert." 

With a response of "Yes sir," Tahir continued to lead Anisa upstairs towards the balcony where there were seats prepared for her, as well as a waitress that stood facing the ground. 

"You may leave. I won't need any assistance," Anisa told the waitress. 

The waitress kept looking down and didn't respond for a few seconds before she finally replied, "Yes, your highness."

Anisa sighed from annoyance and sat down on the chair as Tahir watched the waitress leave the balcony. He didn't have a good feeling about her. She even avoided his gaze and looked down to a point in which he couldn't see her face and just as she disappeared into the staircase, Saif appeared, making his way towards Tahir.