- Chapter 4 -

"Yes, I will personally visit myself if you don't mind."

Anisa was on the phone with a doctor, arranging a schedule to go help out the children. Toni sat on the chair, listening in on the conversation. It was part of the job.

"Let's schedule it in a week if that's alright with you."

"Alright, sounds good, thank you!"

With that, she hung up and kept the phone in her hands as she got up from her chair to leave her office.

Tahir instinctively followed, making sure to keep a safe distance between her and himself. The only time he really needed to be close as if she was outside the palace walls.

As they walked through the countless hallways, Anisa spotted Leyla and rolled her eyes. But Leyla's eyes shot up after seeing who was behind her.

"Who have we got here?" Leyla smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Get out of my way," Anisa calmly said.

Leyla scoffed, "I'm sorry but I happen to be a princess, not a worker, you can go command someone else."

Leyla inched closer to Anisa to get a better view of Toni who still stood with a poker face.

"Tell me, who is he?" Leyla asked a second time.

Anisa didn't want to reply because she knew too well why Leyla was asking. Tahir wasn't just any bodyguard. He was someone that had the ability to attract attention, specifically from the opposite gender.

So, Tahir turned his head to face Leyla with a stern look, as he said, "I'm her personal bodyguard."

Leyla's brow went up in amusement.

"I'm pretty sure Anisa is a hard person to work for. If you want, I can have you transferred over to me."

Anisa scoffed at her proposal towards Tahir. It wasn't as if she hired him personally. It was all her father's doing so she never wanted him to begin with.

"I didn't come here to do an easy job," Tahir responded which made Leyla's smirk slowly fade.

On the other hand, Anisa tried her best not to laugh and even had to turn her head to the side to conceal her expression. Leyla took notice and said, "you think this is funny? I'll make sure you regret it."

Anisa nodded knowing too well that Leyla was powerless. Despite her stance as a royal, there was never a job where she tainted her own hands. Even simple tasks like preparing her own bath weren't in her resume.

As Leyla stormed off, disappearing into the hallway, Anisa turned to face Tahir. He wasn't paying attention to Leyla like Anisa had, rather his gaze was directed towards her this whole time.

"I'm going to change and then I have lunch with the prime minister today since my father canceled on him."

Tahir nodded and stood outside her door while she went in.

As he waited, his thoughts kept him occupied. He quietly went through the details of the plan that brought him here and how he was going to leave this palace.

Anisa wasn't a factor that would prevent that from happening. But, she was a factor that would assist him in getting the information he needed, as well as the evidence.

While Tahir watched every single palace worker pass by, as well as animals that inhabited this place, he heard the door finally open, to reveal Anisa in a formal dress.

He couldn't help but look at her for a few seconds before he cleared his throat and said, "Let's go."

Anisa was confused but she didn't put much thought into his reaction. This time, rather than walking behind her, it was Tahir that was leading her outside, from the back gates where there was a driveway filled with cars.