- Chapter 32 -

The sun had not risen and Tahir had begun praying fajr. After he finished praying, he sat down to make dua and didn't forget to include anyone when asking Allah to ease their lives and their hearts. 

With a job like his, sometimes, prayer wasn't necessarily able to be at the top of his list, but he always made up for it. 

Just as he picked up the prayer mat, he looked towards Anisa who still, had not awakened. As he placed the mat on the counter and went to leave towards the sofa, he felt a hand grab his wrist so softly. 

Immediately, his eyes widened and his senses were woken up after realizing that Anisa had extended her arm out to grab his. 

"Anisa," He turned and took a seat on the chair just beside her. 

Anisa grunted from all the pain she felt around her body, but she was able to open her eyes and finally see Tahir's blue orbs that felt as though they gave light to her. 

"Tahir," she spoke, "Is it really you?"

He nodded and inched closer for her to see him. She gave a soft smile as soon as she cupped one side of his face and stroke it with her thumb. She was content and she felt safe. Seeing that expression on her face made Tahir wear a smile on his own face and he held her hand. 

"I missed you," Anisa softly said

"I missed you more," Tahir kissed her hand. 

Anisa chuckled and tried to get up. She grunted as she did and Tahir instantly scolded her.

"You can't get up, not when you just woke up."

But, she didn't listen. She managed to lean on her pillow behind her and look up at him with a small smirk that caused him to shake his head and scoff.

"Since when did you ever listen," he said. 

Just then, he felt her arms go around his neck and she embraced him in a hug while she placed her head on the crook of his neck. Tahir instinctively put his hands around her waist. THe hug was warm, calming, and a feeling he missed far too well. He felt as though he could finally rest and he closed his eyes as he hid his face in the crook of her neck. 

"I heard you," Anisa told him

That's when Dr. Maryam's words came to Tahir's mind. She was right, Anisa would listen and she did. 

"I never planned on leaving you," she pulled herself apart from him and looked him straight in the eyes. He saw that spark again and couldn't help but smile and cup her face. 

"I wouldn't have let you leave me either way," he told her.

Anisa felt closer to him than ever. She didn't realize how much she had missed him after being away from him for so long. While she looked at him and enjoyed his presence, she suddenly remembered the last thing that happened before she passed out. Abbas had taken her to her hotel to announce their marriage.

"Wait, Tahir," Anisa began to breathe heavily, "What...where's Abbas? Where's my mother?"

She panicked and she wanted to know what was going on. But, she drove Tahir to be confused. 

"Anisa, don't worry about Abbas. He won't be able to get near you again. But, your mother has already been gone." 

Anisa shook her head, "No, she's not. She was there. He had her all this time..."

Tahir stood up with his eyebrows furrowed, "Who? When? Anisa, I need you to tell me what happened back there."

"He took me to this room. It was the only room I saw besides another one. Everything was set up. It was like he knew he would be bringing me there. Then, he threatened me to marry him. He wanted to become king and I never would've allowed that. But, that was up until he introduced me to my mother with a gun pointed towards her head and said that she'd die if I didn't agree," Anisa explained.