- Chapter 14 -

Yasin waited for her response and the longer she took to answer him, the more irritated and impatient he got.

"Is she, or is she not!?" He asked once more.

"She doesn't know of any of this. And I don't either. You're blaming me without evidence.  How could you possibly suspect me to do something like that?" She was offended from her tone but Yasin wasn't the type to be easily fooled.

"The sleeping pills you personally gave Anisa in front of Baba, I took them to the lab and guess what? There's Arsenic in them. I was surprised you even lent a helping hand towards her in the first place," he said.

"Son, I can explain, it's not how it seems —"

He cut her off and told her, "To think I called you mother."

As she took a step to get closer to Yasin, he lifted his hand, motioning her to stop.

"Don't bother coming any closer. There's no explanation that can cover up your attempt in murder. Anisa was born with royal blood. We only took inheritance once you married baba. So, don't try to stop me and tell me there's a reason," he growled

Yasin went back into his car and sped out of the garage. This would be considered getting confirmation and evidence. He even recorded the conversation. But, what was he going to do with all this?

***

"Why of course this project will only take a matter of time but that's only if you're willing to sacrifice hard work and effort. The only goal of this project is to create sustainability for the people, without much of the charge so everyone has an equal chance at getting their hands on the resources needed," the man explained.

Anisa was currently sitting at the chair on the very front of the table, surrounded by many other businessmen and women.  Tahir, of course, stood just behind her, towards a wall.

Normally, meetings like this would forbid bodyguards, but because she's a royal, and not just any businesswoman, those rules don't apply.

"My people and I are willing to put in the effort, but, are yours willing to solely provide this project for the people?" Anisa asked them, "I don't want you guys to use this project as a chance to brag about the collaboration and partnership with a princess, rather I'd like for the people to see the benefits."

One man stood up and he happened to be the chairman of the very company's meeting room that everyone gathered on.

"I can assure you that our only purpose as a company is to serve the people and tend to their needs. With this project, we'll bring smiles to their faces and guarantee a comfortable lifestyle," he assured everyone.

After analyzing the truth behind his words and expression, Anisa smiled and told everyone, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we've got ourselves a partnership."

There was an applause followed by every individual standing up from their chairs and shaking each other's hands.

This marked the end of the meeting and Tahir escorted Anisa outside of the room.

"What now," Tahir said as they exited the building.

Suddenly, Anisa felt dizzy. She saw everything shake and multiply from her vision and had to hold on to the nearest thing. More like, the nearest person.

Tahir caught her in his hands and instantly grew worried. She slept well last night, so it can't be because of fatigue.

As she lost her balance, she tightened her grip on his muscular arms that were exposed and felt his muscles tighten with veins present in every angle.