- Chapter 35 -

Conversation and chatter were heard amongst the maids of the new palace. Today was going to be a big day at the palace. It was the day Anisa would address all the incidents that happened before she ended up in the hospital. 

The press conference was going to take place in the courtyard of the palace. Every person entering was put on extra security, including the workers. New rules were being built as the country's hope began to fall. The royals were their only way of hope. It was now time to regain that hope.

"Quick, the princess it to arrive soon," Prince Yasir urged the workers to pick up their pace. He was preparing this event just for her. 

The other royals were getting ready in their designated rooms. 

It was in King Salman's will that Anisa becomes queen. He made it clear that without her on the throne, the country would tumble down to the steepest of heights, recommending no other. 

Just as Prince Yasir looked at his phone, he heard the prominent steps of a woman wearing heels. Only one person was able to display such intimidation as they walked and it was Anisa.

She was dressed in an emerald dress with pearls and gold on it. The abaya she wore on top of it held no less of a statement and Prince Yasir couldn't help but smile upon seeing her.

Tahir took notice and clenched his jaw as he glared him straight in the eye. But, of course, Prince Yasir only focused on his cousin. 

"Yasir? When did you come back from the states?" Anisa questioned with a smirk.

"It's been a while," Prince Yasir nodded

"Well, it's nice to be greeted by you," Anisa grinned 

While the two walked together, catching up on the missed time, Tahir tried to contain his anger. In the meantime, he contacted the other guards through his earpiece and told every single one of them, "I don't want any of you to take this event lightly. Abbas is still out there and it's only been three days since the princess got out of the hospital."

"Yessir!" 

Tahir watched Anisa greet the rest of her family members. He stood against a wall with other guards beside him. But, Prince Yasir was still troubling him. He never left Anisa's side. Tahir didn't know why this was bothering him. Either way, he wasn't going to let this continue. 

"Your highness, the press conference is to start in ten minutes," a woman walked up to her with a clipboard tightly held in her hands. 

Anisa nodded and gave her a smile. 

But, today wasn't just Anisa's day of return. Layla was also scheduled to attend and perform this press conference with her. She had only left the hospital yesterday and no matter how many times Anisa told her to rest, she wanted to attend. 

"Alhamdulillah, our house is full again my dear. We've suffered a great loss but in the end, it's family like this that will help heal it all," Anisa's aunt spoke. 

"Indeed it is mother," Prince Yasir replied. 

Anisa excused herself from the group that gathered under the terrace and walked up to Tahir. He looked down at her. He was much taller than she was. Anisa looked up at him and tiptoed, reaching for his ear. Tahir leaned for her to have a better angle as she said, 

"Stop looking like you're going to kill someone," 

Tahir furrowed his brows and brought himself back to his previous posture with arrogance. 

"I'm being serious," Anisa chuckled. 

Clearly, he wasn't going to answer her verbally, so she read his expression and shook her head.