- Chapter 29 -

The sun rose over the horizon, beginning a new day. Tahir had stayed up all night and had just put himself to rest. He was leaning against the wall, asleep.

Mr. Amin walked through the door to check on him a few minutes later.

He sighed while grabbing the blanket on his bed and putting it over him. Tahir was raised to survive any circumstances that would occur in his life. He wasn't treated with the kind of sympathy or love that a normal man would. Just looking at him made Mr. Amin blame himself for raising him without proper care. 

Just then, Saif walked up to the door that was open and Mr. Amin turned to signal him not to make a sound.

"Sssh" he said as he placed his index finger on his lips

Saif nodded and watched Mr. Amin get back up to stand. He gave Tahir one last look before leaving with Saif.

"How many nights did he pull off?" Mr. Amin asked Saif.

"I think it's already been almost a week," he responded

"That's just torture. He's not equipped to escape sleep," Mr. Amin shook his head from worry for his son.

"Which is what I always tell him," Saif sighed.

"Well, any news on the current situation?" Mr. Amin changed the topic

"Actually that's why I came into Tahir's room. I was going to inform that Abbas was seen coming out of a building. He had someone else with him but they left just 30 minutes ago in a black Bentley to an unknown location. We're still tracking them as they move." Saif explained

"That's good news. It gives us a chance to make our move,"

Mr. Amin turned right from the hallway with Saif still following him. He walked into the main security room where a black Bentley was displayed on the screen, in the middle of the highway.

"Do we have eyes on the guest he's bringing with him," Mr. Amin asked the agents in the room.

"Not exactly but the figure appears to be a woman. It's highly possible that it could be the princess," an agent responded

"Oh dear," Mr. Amin continued to look at the live footage.

"It appears that he's also being accompanied by five other cars filled with his security. I'm thinking he's going to be public if he's making such a scene. He won't be in hiding after this for sure," Mr. Latif walked up to stand next to Mr. Amin.

"Don't you think we should inform Tahir?" Saif asked

"Let him rest. He needs it before he can handle what's about to happen," Mr. Amin replied.

***

"Anisa, remember what I said," Abbas reminded her while they sat in the back of the car.

Hearing his voice made her blood coil. She was restless and had been falling asleep on the floor without realizing it. It wasn't easy staying awake. Nor, was it easy to keep her eyes open. Every second they were, it was torture.

"Do you hear me?" Abbas asked.

"Do you ever get sick of your own voice?" Anisa snapped back.

Abbas smirked and said, "No. But I keep wanting to hear yours."

Anisa made a disgusted expression before looking back out the window. It was as though they had been in this car for hours when it really had been 20 minutes.

Where they were going, she had no clue. But one thing was for certain. Today, not only was she going to destroy her own life but break the hearts of others.