- Chapter 21 -

"I want you to follow her every move. Make sure that she's got no evidence related to the pills," Humeyra threatened Nadia.

Nadia nodded,"Yes your highness."

She left the Queen's quarters and went to search for Anisa. She wasn't going to give the queen any evidence on her. That wasn't why she was here. Rather, she needed to stick to the plan of following orders from Mr. Latif.

Meanwhile, Anisa and Tahir were gathering information on their absence from Hakim. He was informing them about his suspicions with the queen and Yasin.

To them, it was nothing new. Anisa was already informed by Yasin himself. All she needed to do was confront the queen.

"Other than that, nothing seems to have happened. But, that time when we were expecting a guest, it was strange as to how the Queen made preparations, almost as though she knew the guest wasn't coming before we were ever informed," he explained.

"I find that troubling as well. Thank you, Hakim. You've done well," she gave him a light smile and received one in return.

Tahir grew bothered by how she was able to smile at everyone. So, he changed the topic and asked Anisa, "Don't you need to speak with the king?"

Anisa sighed in defeat. It was the one thing she was avoiding on her agenda today. But, she needed to brief him on the prime minister and other business related information.

Just as they walked back inside from the backyard, they spotted Nadia and Tahir instantly questioned her presence.

"Nadia?"

Anisa turned to look at his expression to see he was confused. But, her confusion was worse. Who was this woman?

"Tahir, it's been so long since I saw you," she grinned.

"Why wasn't I briefed about your entrance into the palace security?" He asked, ignoring the formalities.

Nadia quickly changed her attitude and cleared her throat as she said, "Because I was on trial for a couple days. They hadn't made the decision to officially enroll me. Had the head of security been in his office, he would tend to small matters like this."

It was true. Tahir hadn't been tending to the security in the palace. But, it was because ever since Anisa relocated to the beach house, he didn't see much of a threat.

"Either way, I'm still considered to be on-trial. That is...until you sign acceptance to officialize me," She broke his thoughts

Anisa felt that she was no longer needed between the two. So, she told Tahir, "I'll be going to my father's office. You can stay and handle matters here."

Tahir was going to say something but he was cut off by her walking away. He didn't like the tone she used but he needed answers from Nadia.

"What are you doing here?" He whispered, looking around for anyone nearby.

"I'm here as undercover just like you. You don't see me for a year and is this the greeting I get?" She frowned.

"Mr. Latif would've told me," He said.

"You see, he thought you had more pressing matters. I'm just sent here to be the Queen's bodyguard and It seems as though I'm already gathering evidence," Nadia put a strand of her hair behind her ear and looked back at him.

"What evidence?"

She sighed before responding, "The queen asked me to keep an eye on the princess while she's here. She also made sure that she didn't have any evidence related to the pills she gave her."