- Chapter 37 -

The agency was busier than ever, scurrying to find the whereabouts of Abbas. Tahir had also come to visit and left Saif with Anisa. He hadn't been focused on his mission lately and needed it to end as soon as possible, all for the safety of everyone he cared about. 

"Oh, looks who's in the office today," Mr. Latif exclaimed 

"Are there any updates?" Tahir asked.

"Why it's nice to see you too Tahir, I'm feeling just fine if you ask me," Mr. Latif mocked the absence of Tahir's manners. 

"Sir, I think none of us are going to be fine, let alone, rest in peace at night up until this man is in custody," Tahir pointed to the screen with Abbas's figure just across from them. 

Mr. Latif sighed and gave up. Tahir was right. No one was going to be fine until this mission was over and they had less of a headache to worry about. Just then, Mr. Amin appeared and Tahir looked away, distracting himself.

"Have you come to work, son?" He asked.

Tahir simply nodded and walked away. 

Their father and son relationship didn't resume on a good note. Especially after what Mr. Amin had done. Before Tahir could entirely disappear from Mr. Amin's sight, he informed him, "I'm going to visit your mother this evening."

Tahir paused upon hearing his statement and waited for him to continue.

"If you'd like, come with me. It's been long since she's seen you as well." 

In response, Tahir continued walking to his office where he was going to continue working on this case. At the agency, he had more access to documents and CCTV recordings from many buildings JSS had access to. They have already acquired permission from 90% of the entire operating and non-operating buildings and businesses since their start. 

What one of the security guards gave him as evidence kept circling his mind. He remembered Abbas telling them something about "the mother." But, what did that exactly mean? 

With moments of thinking, Tahir widened his eyes and rushed out back to Mr. Latif. He stormed into his office, startling Mr. Latif, "Child, what happened to your knocking manners?"

"Mr. Latif, what did you do with the woman posed as Anisa's mother?"

"What do you mean what did I do with her? I let her go. She was too fragile and I made sure she wasn't let go without our assistance," He replied with confusion written all over his face. 

"When did you let her go?" Tahir asked

"Just yesterday. I sent her with some of our agents and made sure she was safely at home," Mr. Latif was growing impatient. 

Tahir looked as though he was panicking but with less of an expression and the fact he was urging so many answers out of Mr. Latif wasn't easing the situation for him. 

"Can you answer my questions now and tell me why this is so concerning?" Mr. Latif asked, finally. 

"I think Abbas is going back to her. He's going to -" Tahir was cut off with the ringing of his phone. As soon as he saw Saif's name, he picked up instantly. 

"Saif?" He answered while putting him on speaker for Mr. Latif to hear

"Tahir, Anisa got a call from Abbas," 

As soon as Saif said that, both Mr. Latif and Tahir looked at each other with an alarmed expression. 

"He has the woman, Yasmeen Abadi." Saif finished. 

Mr. Latif ran his hands through his hair, annoyed with himself and the situation. Tahir sighed in frustration and told Saif, 

"Hold on, I'm going over there,"