Babe

Jungkook

"Auntie Soomi." I went to the kitchen the following morning to talk to Jin's eomma and to the person I consider as my second mother.

"Oh Kookie, I already asked Hae to bring Seokjin's breakfast and the flowers to our quarters."

"It's not that auntie, I came here for you. Can I talk to you? At the porch maybe?" I asked. Auntie Soomi nodded. She removed her apron and walked with me to the porch.

I pulled a seat for her then I sat beside her.

"What is it Jungkook? You're making me nervous." I can see the uneasiness on her face.

"I am officially divorced auntie." I smiled weakly holding her hand. I saw how her face brightens upon hearing my news.

"Oh my God Kookie, finally!" She said.

"Yes, finally."

"But.. why are you sad? Did you regret it? Somehow?" She asked. Perhaps, she saw that my face is gloomy. I shake my head.

"Then why are you sad?"

I look at her in the eye, "I'm sorry."

I saw her swallowed. Maybe she did not expect to hear that from me.

"Auntie I'm sorry for betraying your trust. I know you considered me as your son but I totally forgot about it when I made a mistake. I'm sorry if I did that to Jin. I'm really sorry that i forgot my logic that time. I'm sorry if i failed you. I'm sor.."

"Jungkook, I have forgiven you long ago." She cuts me out.

"Auntie.." I'm trying hard not to let my tears fall. "N-now that I am officially single..." I swallowed to clear the lump in my throat. "...I know that you know my intentions for your son, right?"

She nods.

"I love your son auntie. Please don't hate me for that. I know some people thinks that divorce means failure, abandonment, irreconcilable differences and all those nasty battles against custody and money. But please know that i am not a tragedy, i am not a trouble and I can love Jin wholeheartedly. I am maybe a damaged man but I would like to assure you that I will not let that be a reason to let you and Jin down. I will prove to you that I am no mistake to Seokjin. I will not betray your trust anymore."

"Auntie, I'm saying this because I have the purest intention of marrying your son one day. Especially now that we will have our daughter soon. I don't want you to worry about me being with him and I do hope that it's okay with you."

She remained silent. So silent that it scares me. What if she don't want me for Jin? What if she don't like the idea of Jin marrying a divorced man?

"Jungkook, I am perfectly fine with everything you are planning for my Seokjin. I know you so well. I know you like my very own. I have no doubts of your love for my son and your ability to love him. I witnessed how you give your all to Jimin. You were never a tragedy. You were never a trouble. I am actually very much at ease if you'll be my son's future husband because I am confident that you will love him well. But, I guess my son should accept you first before you plan anything. Right?"

All I can remember was I hugged auntie Soomi tight and cried on her shoulder. I never really expect that she still trusts me after everything that happened.

Seokjin

I am currently looking at myself in the mirror. I gained a lot of weight. The reason why i hate Jungkook coming over to see me. I am worried that he's looking at me differently now. I really do feel my nose and my whole face are swelling. I stared at my fat fingers and wonder, How can the engagement ring fit on my fat finger?

But then i realized, why that thought ever crossed my head? Who am i to assume that Jungkook wants to marry me? Jinnie, the number one assumer.

My stomach is now 7 months and wearing pants make me feel tight. At night just like tonight, I am just wearing a loose shirt with length just above the knee. But since my tummy is bigger now, my shirt has become a little shorter as it is being stretched by my belly. That made me even more conscious and insecure. What if Jungkook finds me fat and look for other man? So here I am again feeling extremely negative.

I heard a knock on the door. It's only 7pm. Eomma usually comes home at 10pm.

"Hi babe!" Jungkook with his big bunny smile giving me another bouquet of flowers.

"My name is Jin." I said while getting the flowers. I am looking for the card attached but there's none. "Come in. You already gave me flowers this morning. Why did you give me another one? Do you have a flower shop?"

Jungkook just chuckled. I kneeled as I place the flower on the low table. He sat beside me while looking and rubbing my tummy. "Our baby girl is getting bigger now. Right babe?"

"Jungkook.. it's Jin. Seokjin if you want." I said again correcting him.

"Why do you hate it when I call you babe?"  He still smile even when I'm annoyed.

"Kookie we already talk about this. You're still legally married." I said. I think I've said that a dozen times already.

I struggle to pull myself up. My stomach just making it hard for me to move freely and quickly.  Jungkook stood up to help me. I went to the kitchen to get him a drink. I opened the ref.

"Pear juice or apple juice?" I asked while scanning what else are inside. But I felt his arm snake on my waist. I face him immediately and shove his hand away. "Jungkook!"

But he still moves towards me. I know his intention of pinning me against the wall but my tummy kept him from coming super close. I smiled. "You see? Even our baby wants you to keep out!"

I thought that he will finally free me but he just caged me with his arms. My back against the wall and his arms caging me. I stammered. "J-Jungkook i-i am just reminding you that you're still married."

"I am no longer married Jin." He whispered. Leaning his forehead against my forehead. His sweet breath brushing on my lips and nose. The news made me nervous. Funny as it may seem, I suddenly think about my fat fingers again.

"You.. you m-mean, it's now official?" i stuttered as I hold onto his shoulders.

"Yes baby. It's official." He placed his hand on my waist. His forehead still leaning on mine and his eyes staring at me like he can see my soul. Our closeness starts to make me feel a little turn on.

I gasped when his lips touches mine.. so soft, so airy, so sensual. It's been a while. I always long for his kiss. For his touch. And I believe i've waited long enough.