Chapter 1 - Zoro Enters

You got out of the boat with some help from Coby. You gave him a gentle smile, "Thank you, Coby."

The pink haired boy blushed and stuttered his way towards the bar. You followed Luffy and Coby who entered a shop called Food Foo with a fork which was a little strange.

You sat down near the window, shaking your head when Luffy accidentally elbowed you. Luffy ended up ordering a lot of food which, to be frank, didn't surprise you.

"(Y/N), eat something." He shoved some food on your plate.

"Lu, I can't eat as much as you guys." You mumbled, poking at the food but you obediently ate your food.

"I guess, we'll go our separate ways here!" Luffy huffed out, patting his stomach. "You do your best to be a great Marine, alright?"

"Yeah, Coby. We believe in you." You touched his hand, squeezing it as encouragement.

Luffy slapped your hand away. Luffy played innocent, and continued to speak, "Say, I wonder if Zoro is still being kept at the Marine's base."

The table beside you flipped over. You dropped your fork, staring at the group of pale skinned men attached to the wall. You swallowed down your food.

"Lu, I don't think we should be saying Zoro's name out loud." You whispered.

Coby helpfully supplied, "I just saw a notice on the streets. There's someone called Lieutenant Morgan at the base—"

Another table flipped. You snorted, getting up to go and pay for your food. You searched your pockets, cheeks heating up when you realize that you had no more money left.

"It's alright (Y/N)-san. I'll pay for it." Coby paid for your food.

You held onto his shirt, cheeks pink, "Sorry, Coby. I'll repay you another time."

His cheeks flushed. "S-sure!"

You followed the pair towards the Marines' Base.

"It looks pretty ugly up close," Luffy commented, climbing up the walls.

"Lu!" You huffed, staring at your friend.

"Oh! I think that's him!"

You jogged after Luffy, motioning for Coby to follow you guys. You climbed up along with Luffy and Coby, and saw a green haired boy attached on the pole.

"So, he's Zoro...?" Luffy huffed, "Those ropes look pretty easy to break."

Coby panicked, "S-stop joking! If you free him, he could make a mess in the town and even kill us!"

You frowned. Luffy was right. The ropes look easy to break (not for you but definitely for a notorious hunter like Zoro). "He won't." You defended. "He won't kill us, right Lu?"

Before Luffy could respond, you guys were interrupted by the green haired boy. "Could you please come untie me? I've been tied up for 9 days and I'm exhausted."

"Ah, he's smiling." Luffy noted.

"I'll repay you..." Zoro huffed out. "I can hunt down a fugitive and give the rewards. I'm not lying. I'll keep my words."

"Luffy-san!" Coby held onto Luffy's arm. "Don't be tricked by his words! If you free him, he'll kill us and escape!"

Luffy stared at him and you smiled, knowing his next words, "He can't kill me because I'm strong too."

"(Y/N)-san! Can you talk to your friend?" Coby was begging at this point.

You shrugged, "He's right, though. Lu is strong."