Chapter 18 - Sky Island III

The next morning, the whole group was broken into smaller groups. You ended up in the same group as Nami, Usopp and Sanji.

"Don't worry (Y/N)-chan! Nami-chan! I'll protect you!" Sanji swooned all over you two.

You smiled, "Don't worry, we'll have your back too, Sanji and Usopp."

"Oh, what did I do to deserve a goddess like you, (Y/N)-chan?!"

The ship was going steadily in the right direction and you gave one last nod, going to do your own chores.

You started washing the clothes, and then cleaning the deck. Then you joined Usopp in fixing up Going Merry, leaving an open ear to listen to Gan Fall.

You grabbed your journal and started filling in your notes. You have been skipping out for so long that you were pretty sure that you couldn't even call it a journal anymore.

Once you finished, you tucked your journal back inside your cabin.

BOOOM!

You rushed out of the cabin to see smoke filling up the ship. "What the hell?"

"This is an impact dial. It absorbs and stores impacts to release them later. They are normally attached to hands with gloves. A direct hit is enough to kill an average person." Gan Fall explained.

Sanji smirked, "Isn't this...Usopp."

Usopp climbed back inside the ship, "Yeah. That meatball priest was using the same attack."

You grinned, jumping down to look at the dial, "This can be useful...What do you think, Usopp?"

He nodded his head. Gan Fall continued to explain, "The hot dial is used for heating food but when equipped with a lance, can create a heat lance."

Your eyes widen, "Like that dude!"

Gan Fall nodded his head, "Like that man."

You jerked when something went pass you and hit Sanji. He fell back and Nami and Usopp were immediately on him.

"What an idiot...Attacking me wasn't a good idea...Assuming I'm not yet here to kill you." Someone said floating in the air.

"Why are you here?!" Gan Fall shouted

"How cold...Especially since we haven't seen each other for 6 years, former God, Gan Fall." The man said.

You gritted your teeth. He was dangerous, and from the way Gan Fall was acting, he must be the new God.

"He killed Sanji!" Usopp sobbed, "Damn it! If only Chopper was here!"

"His heart isn't beating!" Nami panicked.

"Wait Usopp...Nami...That's his right side." You pointed out.

"Oh! His heart is beating!"

"He's still badly injured but...we can save him!" Nami said.

You pushed Usopp aside before the new God could touch him. He looked down at you and you stared at him, glaring at him.