Chapter 9 - Loose Mountain

You woke up from your nap when Zoro came to wake you up. You groggily woke up, stretching your hand to Zoro to pick you up. He grumbled under his breath but still took you into his arms and dropped you onto one of the empty seats. 

Everyone greeted you while you tried to bury yourself into the uncomfortable couch. 

Nami laid out a map in front of you guys. "The entrance to Grand Line is a mountain." 

"A mountain?" You repeated. 

"I know." Nami said, huffing. "It's hard to believe but when I looked at the map the light of guidance was pointing at reverse mountain located right here on the red line."

You stared at the map as Nami continued to explain. You were starting to understand what she meant. 

"A waterway?" Usopp looked scared. "Even if there's a waterway, there's no way a ship can climb up a mountain."

You nodded your head. That was true. You sighed, interrupting, "But that's what the map says."

Sanji nodded his head, "That's right. As if what Nami says could ever be wrong!"

You giggled. Sanji was so in love with Nami that it was cute. Sanji paused, looking at you with wide eyes and you grinned at him before he rapidly turned around much to your dismay. 

"A magic mountain?!" Luffy said excitedly. 

Zoro snorted, "Couldn't we just head directly south and still enter?"

"No we can't!" Luffy answered. "It's so much cooler to go in using the real entrance."

You smack Luffy on the head, "That's not the real reason Lu! Ah...Nami, the storm disappeared..."

"What?" Nami panicked, "There's no way....Ah...we've entered the calm belt...!"

"Calm belt?" The boys asked. "What's that?"

You sighed, patting Nami on the back to tell her that you understood. Nami began to explain it to the boys while you went  to check out the weather. It was too quiet and you knew the saying—calm before the storm. 

Your mouth gaped open when you saw little...err large bubbles forming and then a bunch of sea monsters popped up. You turned around to see their shock faces and Nami sobbing fearfully. 

You think Usopp might have fainted.

You stared at one of the sea monsters which looked like he was about sneeze and you bolted, attaching yourself to one of the poles as a powerful wind caused your ship to rock violently. You glance around the ship before you started barking out orders. 

Everyone listened to you and got to work. 

Finally, after some time, you guys finally escape the dreadful moment. 

You slump against Zoro, exhausted. 

The heavy rain dripping down on you guys. Everyone lying on the floor, although you knew Luffy was energetically running around the ship. You began to snooze off, Zoro torn between the temptation to push you off or pull you into his arms. 

The next time you opened your eyes, you felt painfully exhausted for no reason. You woke up to an empty ship. Well, it was suppose to be an empty ship but instead, piercing yellow eyes greeted you. 

Your body tensed automatically.