Chapter 7 - Arlong Park

You shook Nami awake as the ship arrived on shore. You knew that this was the place that was chaining Nami down. 

Her face got serious and you jumped off the ship. 

"(Y/N), you can't come with me." Nami pleaded with you.

You shook your head, "Don't be stupid Nami. Lu wouldn't want me to leave you all alone. For now, let me join the pirates as well." 

Her lips quivered, hands curling into a fist. You rubbed her head, and kissed her forehead, earning a flustered look from the taller girl. 

"I promise I'd set you free, no?" You repeated, and squeezed her hands. "I never break a promise, Nami."

Nami hesitantly nodded, and directed you towards the monster that was chaining her down. You were going to do your best and make sure that Nami was set free. 

You arrived and surprisingly they didn't kill you. Arlong, presumably the leader, had taken an interest in you but thankfully, you managed to keep his hands off of you for a while.

It's been a little over a full day since you arrived to Arlong Park with Nami. The orange haired girl's personality seem to have done a 180 turn. Arlong just ignored you which was great for you but some of his men were making eyes at you and Nami simply growled at them and they immediately backed down.

Nami's room was at the top, it was small and definitely reeked of Nami's works. Papers hanging everywhere and a bunch of maps on the table. 

You clicked your tongue, staring at Nami scribbling on top of a paper. 

Nami stood up and walked out of the room, "Don't come out of the room." She warned you. 

You gave her an obedient nod. You sat inside the room for a bit and you could everyone speaking to each other downstairs. 

You finally went over to the window to check out what was happening. You leaned out of the window, zooming in on Nami who was walking towards Arlong—towards a green haired boy.

That was definitely Zoro. 

You stayed silent. If Zoro was here then that might everyone else was here. You watched Zoro toss himself into the water before Nami jumped in to save him. 

Chuckling to yourself. 

Nami clearly still had some good in herself. She thought of the crew as her friends. You looked at her room, looking through her items. 

Maps. More maps. 

You huffed, ripping the papers apart. If Nami didn't do this with her own choice then they were nothing to you. This was nothing. This was simply more things that was chaining Nami down.