Four

'Hey! You want to come around and watch the next episode of Good Girls?' Abbie asked me, as I picked up the phone and answered her call.

'I can't, sorry,' I replied, as I moved around my room, grabbing my things and shoving them into my bag. 'I'm staying over at Mason's.'

'Overnight?' she asked. 'Does your mum approve of that?'

'She doesn't know yet,' I replied. 'I'll just text her later and let her know.'

'Then turn off your phone?' Abbie asked.

'Yeah,' I replied. 'As long as she knows where I am and that I'm safe she won't do anything. She'll just lecture me tomorrow but it's cool.'

'You know you make me not want to ever have a daughter,' Abbie said.

'That's so sweet,' I replied, sarcastically. 'But why not, I'm such a great role model?'

'And I'm a Victoria's Secret model,' she laughed.

'Well, I'm hanging up because you're being a bitch,' I said. 'Goodbye.'

'You're a bitch!' Abbie cried, before I quickly hung up.

I finished putting my things into my overnight bag and threw it over my shoulder before heading downstairs.

'Ready,' I said, to Christine, as she grabbed her keys.

'I'm not picking you up again, Amelia,' she said. 'Mason's dad will have to drop you home later tonight.'

'He will,' I said.

We both headed out and got into her car and she made the ten minute drive to Mason's house. Christine would usually give me a lift because she liked to have a little spy on Mason's fabulous home and honestly, it really was fabulous.

As we pulled up outside the gates, she brought the car to a stop and I took off my belt.

'I can drive up to the house if you'd like?' she offered.

'You just want to be nosy,' I told her. 'I'm sure I'll manage to walk up the driveway. Thanks, bye!'

I jumped out of the car and heard her curse me out before I shut the door and she sped off. I headed over to the large metal gates and buzzed, waiting a few seconds before Mason's voice came through.

'It's the best girlfriend in the world!' I called.

'Come right in,' he chuckled, and the gates began to whir as they opened.

I headed inside and walked up the narrow, pebbled footpath that went up to the front of the house. The garden either side of it was a perfect, green lawn with beautiful flower bushes all around the outside of the garden.

I reached the front door and it opened, Mason's smiling face greeting me as I stepped inside. I kissed him gently and he closed the door before taking my hand and leading me through to the kitchen.

'You sure your mum is okay with you staying?' he asked.

'Yeah, she's fine,' I lied.

I'd stayed at Mason's before and had lied to Christine about it those times too. She usually got over it pretty quickly after yelling and she knew I was likely going to do it again so she wouldn't be surprised when I didn't come home tonight. I didn't tell Mason that she wasn't aware; he was too much of a good boy to go along with it.

'Hi, Mrs Miller,' I said, to Mason's mum, as I entered the kitchen and spotted her placing roses into a vase.

'Hello, Amelia,' she replied, before placing the vase onto the windowsill and immediately leaving the room.