Twenty Eight

'Amelia, Amelia, Amelia!'

'What?' I groaned, shoving away the hand currently shaking my whole body by my shoulder.

'You have to wake up!' he hissed.

Ryker!

I bolted upright as my eyes instantly popped open and I looked at the dark green eyes staring widely at me in the light of the lantern.

'I fell asleep!' I hissed back, loudly, as I tried to figure out what time it was. I could see that it was still dark outside of the tent and I listened for voices but it was silent.

'It's 5am,' Ryker said, reaching under the sleeping bag and pulling out my shorts. 'We both nodded off. You should go now while everybody is still sleeping.'

'Oh my god,' I whispered, taking my shorts from him and shoving them under the sleeping bag and up my legs as I wriggled into them. 'That was really risky.'

'Good job some fucking owl hooted loud enough to wake me,' he said, as he glanced around quickly and reached over to grab my t-shirt, handing it to me.

'I can't believe I fell asleep,' I said, pulling it over my head. 'What an idiot.'

'You must have been pretty cosy in here with me,' he teased, poking my arm gently.

'I won't deny that,' I chuckled. 'But I really must go.'

'Yeah,' he replied, as I turned to him and leaned in, gently pecking him on the mouth and his hand moved up to the back of my neck and pulled me in harder as he opened his mouth against mine and kissed me fervently, but only for a few seconds before he pulled back and lay down, allowing me to go.

I pouted at him which resulted in a playful grin in return before I laughed softly and climbed out of the sleeping bag, crawling over to unzip the tent.

'Stop staring at my arse,' I said, smirking as I zipped it open, knowing fine well that he was, considering my shorts were certainly extra short.

'I mean it's right there in front of me, what do you expect?' he replied, as I climbed out and looked back at him with an amused grin.

'See you soon,' I said.

'Yeah,' he replied, nodding slowly. 'Last night was really just...it was something else entirely.'

I nodded slowly as my body filled with tingles at the way he was staring at me; his eyes full of desire.

'It really was,' I replied, feeling the urge to go back in and lie with him a little longer even if we got caught.

'Well, see you in a few hours,' he said.

I nodded and smiled at him before I zipped up his tent and ignored the disappointment I was feeling as I quietly walked back to my own tent, carefully got inside and climbed into my sleeping bag without waking Abbie.

The moment Ryker and I had shared the night before stopped me from falling back to sleep as it was all I could think about as I stared up at the inside of the tent, replaying how close we had gotten to going all the way. It would have happened if he hadn't been so concerned about Mason, but at the same time, I adored him all the more for it and I knew he'd been right. I knew I would have been feeling like a horrid person after I'd done it and the guilt would overpower the happiness; such negativity wasn't something I wanted to be feeling after my very first time, especially with Ryker. It was something that would always be the case, meaning it was something we could never do, just as Ryker had stated too.

I continued to think about my intimate night with Ryker as I stared into space right up until darkness disappeared and daylight began to show. I knew it was probably the most I was ever going to get and that he and I wouldn't ever have a moment like that again so I was determined to hold onto it and think positively about how amazing it had been rather than be sad that we couldn't continue to be together in that way.