Five

'Miss Woods? Miss Woods! Amelia!'

'What?' I jumped in my seat and turned my head quickly back to the front where Miss. Morley was glaring at me with her hands on her hips.

'I asked you a question,' she said. 'Was there something outside of the window that was more interesting?'

'No,' I replied, trying to quickly rack my brain for the question she'd asked but I had no idea what she'd said. My mind had been elsewhere.

'Well?' she asked.

I didn't speak and after a few seconds, I simply shrugged and she clicked her tongue.

'Start concentrating, Amelia,' she said. 'You have a test coming up very soon and daydreaming during class is not going to do you any good.'

'I know,' I replied, letting out a breath. 'Sorry.'

'So, can anyone else answer for me?' she said, turning back to the class.

'Pssst!' Abbie hissed, from behind me, as I turned to look at her. 'What's up with you?'

'Nothing,' I whispered, frowning as I shook my head and turned back around.

Honestly, I'd been daydreaming about Ryker and how much I wished he would just go right back to wherever he'd come from. He was a pain in my arse and I'd only met him once, god only knew how much more irritating things were going to get.

He was smug and arrogant and I hated it. I knew my strong personality was clashing with his, but it didn't matter, I did not like the guy. Mason was so laid back and casual and seemed to laugh everything Ryker did off as if it were all a joke but I could see right through Ryker's perfect little smile and I knew he was a conniving little shit.

I glanced at the clock, wishing the last fifteen minutes of class would hurry up so I could get home and wait for Mason to come over for our study session.

I had received an earful from Christine when I'd gotten home the next morning after staying the night and she'd told me Mason couldn't come over for a week as my punishment. Like hell was I going to obey that one.

'Can I help you?' Miss. Morley's voice brought me out of my daydream once again and she was looking at the classroom door. To my complete amazement, Ryker was standing in the doorway, casually glancing around the room, looking totally uninterested.

'Yeah, I think I'm in this class,' he said, his voice uncaring as he continued to study the other students. Everybody was staring right at him, including myself. I prayed he'd gotten the wrong room.

'Well, this class is over now, Mr...?' Miss Morley spoke as she signalled to the clock above her.

'Jordan,' he replied. 'It's Ryker Jordan.'

'Well, Mr. Jordan, you've missed this class now,' she said. 'No point in hanging around, just don't be late next time. I'll let it slide because you're new.'

He nodded slowly and moved to leave, catching my eye as he did so and a grin automatically spread on his face.

'Oh my god,' I groaned, softly, praying he wouldn't embarrass me in front of the whole class.

'Hey, Flossy,' he said, making every single student turn to look at me.

I sunk down in my chair and placed my hand over my face, turning to face the window once again. When I heard the door shut, I turned back around and Miss. Morley gave me a curious look before continuing where she left off. I waited for everyone to finally stop glancing at me before I sat up straight and prayed harder for the bell to ring.