Chapter 6

Edited: June 27,  2022

*Mentions of abuse*

Jimin's POV

       I woke up slowly the next morning. Only slightly startled when I found myself on top of Yoongi again. I was about to try and quietly sneak out of the room but the idea was pushed into the crevices of my mind as I saw how peaceful he looked. I giggled unwittingly as I saw there was a small pout on his lip.

       Somehow, I started tracing my fingers along his face, following its sharp edges and soft curves in some sort of morbid curiosity. I slowly realised that his features were much like a cat's. As I continued to play with his face my thoughts started wandering and didn't realise that I myself was being watched. When I finally looked up, our eyes met, and I, was then, frozen into place as my heart chose then to start running it's own impromptu marathon while he smiled softly and said, with a voice husky enough for even me to feel in vibrating in his chest,

       "Good morning Jiminie."His voice sent an involuntary shiver up my spine.

       I was about to nod but then I remembered what the mean lady said yesterday and my ears flattened in response to the memory. My tail then curled around Yoongi's leg as I whimpered. His brows furrowed in confusion before relaxing in realisation.

       "Jimin, don't listen to that lady. She's just a bitch." He says, sounding so convincing but, what if he's lying and she was telling the truth? What right do I even have to exist then?!

       "Hyung, am I a freak?" Because maybe I am. Maybe I should not even be here, feeling so damn comfortable in this seemingly wonderful man's arms.

       He freezes and I start whimpering –because it must be true then, for you to have such a visceral reaction it must be fucking true then– as I try wiggling out of his grasp. But it's futile as his hold on me only tightens and he says, "Never think that. You are not a freak. She's just trying to upset you." voice near rumbling.

       "Hyung, can I ask you a question?" my brows furrowing as I pout.

       "Sure"

       "Why did the manager react like that when he saw you?" I asked, thinking up the memory had my curiosity peaked.

       He chuckles.

       "Well, have you ever heard of Min Empire Records?" What does that have to do with this? My brows only furrow further as I try making a connection on my own. But I nod anyway, confused until, Wait...

       "YOU OWN MIN EMPIRE RECORDS!?" I almost screeched, my tail flicking behind me in my excitement.

       He looked stunned, eyes widening as he looked at me which caused me to immediately shrink back into myself.

       "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. Please don't hurt me." I rushed out, shrinking my neck like a turtle hiding in their shell.

       His eyes soften as he sighs, fixing his arms snugly around my middle.

       "Jimin, I would never hurt you." His voice was as soft as his eyes were sad, "And to answer your question, yes I'm the CEO of Min Empire Records." He sounds so proud...

       I froze as I processed the new information. But then suddenly I was squeaking as Yoongi sat up and picked me up, bridal style. Of all fucking ways...

       "Yoongi!" I tried, emphasis on tried. It was futile.

       He started laughing, all boisterous and head thrown back with his eyes crinkling at the corners. My heart clenched as I gazed at him.