1 | operation virago

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

hello! i am officially back and in business with the soldier of stars! i did major rewriting, as well countless hours of research and editing to finally get this book the way i wanted it. i've talked to a few writer friends, you know who you are and you have been some of the kindest, most helpful and firm people that i needed to get this story where i intended it to be, and i am forever grateful for you all. as you are reading this, i'm probably going back to more editing, as well as finishing out episode 10, but i felt ready to finally put up the first chapter again. now, i'm sorry if you've voted and commented, i literally just erased all these chapter's work and just left them untitled and blank! :)

by now, if you haven't realized, these women are starting off training away from the men, but there are reasons for that, especially with a book like this, so i hope you all do understand that! i love the boys just as much as you, but this is hazel's story as well as catherine's and lizzie's. the boys will most definitely be a major part of the story when the women finally meet them!

this story is, once again, a work of historical fiction and alternate history, so these events did not actually take place during world war 2. this book is also not meant to be representative of the real men of easy company and the heroics they faced during world war 2. this is strictly based off the actor portrayals of band of brothers, not the real men, who i thank for what they did for my country. this is simply a work of fiction and my own imagination of a course of alternate history in my own way!

i hope you all enjoy this book, i have certainly enjoyed writing it! there has been ups and downs and sideways at this point, but i can finally, hopefully start posting. when i finally come up with a regular schedule, i will let you know, but for now i am thinking sundays, near the evening (for me)! enjoy! :)

✰✰✰

" For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."

- Vincent Van Gogh

✰✰✰

They say that smaller stars always seem to shine brighter, even through all the darkness.

Hazel Parker had always admired those tiny stars, they were always brightest in the sky at night. She always watched the constellations, or the North Star, or tried to search for the Milky Way. She always watched the sky, even if it were the middle of the night.

The stars were always there.

Hazel glanced out the train window as it slowly pulled up to Fort Bragg. Fort Bragg was set in North Carolina, in the southern part of the state, where there were forests and trees for miles, and you could practically smell each ounce of fresh air that was given off. Hazel had visited North Carolina only a few times in her life.