2 | captain thermes

" The distance between dreams and reality is called action

" The distance between dreams and reality is called action."

- Unknown 

✰✰✰

 The women continued walking towards where rows of barracks were. The barracks were fairly large, but there had to be at least only 5 or 6 of them here.

" Hey!" a voice called and the 3 women looked up and towards a woman who was standing near the entrance to a barrack.

" Are you three Parker, McCown and Elliot?" she asked.

" Yes ma'am." Catherine called back.

" Perfect," she said and checked a few marks off her list. The woman wore almost like a conductors hat, with something similar to a WAC uniform on, and a few medals adorning it as well, with her short hair curled back and a light shade of lipstick on. But she had a wide, toothy smile upon her face. The 3 women approached her.

" Howdy folks, I'm Sergeant Barbara Miller. I'm in 2nd platoon with you ladies, but I'm one of the NCOs of the Company." Barbara said with a friendly smile.

" It's nice to meet you." Catherine said holding out her hand toward her, " Catherine McCown."

" Elizabeth Elliot." Elizabeth said shaking her hand.

" Hazel Parker." Hazel said with a gentle smile.

" Well it is lovely to meet you all, we almost have all the women of 2nd platoon shown up." she said, " But this here is Virago Company. Real original am I right?" The trio chuckled. 

" Captain Thermes wasn't exactly messing around when he said he's more focused on training than 'stupid names'." she said with a laugh, " He's a mean son-of-a-bitch, but his training's worth it. I had to study it before I enlisted here to help train."

" We're just happy to be here." Elizabeth said, " And we all want good training."

" Good," Barbara said with a smile, " you can head on in there and get your cots. We're running similarly to how the 82nd is being run, so no beds, nothing like those female branches. You're the 250 elite women and you're all being thrust into this as if you were one." Barbara explained, but she delivered it in a kind manner.

" Thank you, Sergeant." Lizzie said with a smile and Barbara smiled at her.

" I'm glad to help, head on in and try and meet some of the others." she said stepping back and pointing them through. The trio headed inside and immediately the women in 2nd platoon were looking towards them.

" You must be the Airborne women," a pretty blonde said stepping forward with an excited smile.

" Yep, we are." Catherine said with a smile.