44 | eindhoven

" In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit

" In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit."

- Anne Frank

✰✰✰

A few days after the announcement was made that they would be dropping into occupied Holland, the company was out on the tarmac as the bright morning sunlight beat down on them. Groups were huddled around, getting their gear on and chatting with each other, as the replacements finally got a taste of what jumping into perceived combat was like. 

Hazel sat near box, and was carefully shining up her rifle. It had passed inspection with flying colors, but Hazel had opted for an extra day of training, since it had been a month or two since they returned and she wanted target practice. Her hands quickly worked at the trigger, the weapon on safety, and cleaned each little area until it shined a glimmering color. Satisfied she stood as Catherine walked over to her.

" Excited?" Hazel asked her. Since it was in fact a daytime jump, people were hoping Catherine wouldn't fracture a shoulder again.

" Yeah, I'd say I'm fairly excited for this." she said with a smile to the girl.

" You're ready, you've been ready to fight." Hazel said with a smile.

" You hear about Jenkins?" Catherine asked Hazel who looked up at her.

" Yep," Hazel said as she stood and flipped her rifle over in her hands, " I mean, the replacements were a bit judgmental, but I wouldn't fight them." Catherine smirked.

" I guess someone is still growing up and doesn't know how to properly play with his toys." Catherine said and Hazel snickered. 

All the sudden a horn honked and Hazel and Catherine looked over. Hazel stepped forward, eyes narrowed as if she were in her zone when shooting her sniper. Her eyes trained on the man she had thought would never dare show his face. Herbert Sobel rode in the front part of the jeep that was driven by a driver. Popeye was in the back, standing up. But everyone's eyes were on Sobel. Hazel watched with a fast heart beat as Sobel's car drove past. He maintained eye contact with her as if surprised she were alive.

" That's right, I'm alive." she muttered, as she hoisted her sniper up in front of her a bit, to show off its shine. Sobel turned away.

" What the fuck?" Catherine whispered as she continued watching Sobel. It seems no one could believe it. 

Lizzie with help from Malarkey, was suiting up but they both stopped when Sobel appeared in a jeep.

" Don." Lizzie said, tapping him. Malarkey stepped past her as the two looked forward towards Sobel. The jeep stopped and Sobel jumped out quickly moving around the truck to the other side. Bill walked up to Catherine and then glanced over at Sobel.