46 | retreating

" It's all about finding the clam in the chaos

" It's all about finding the clam in the chaos." 

- Donna Karan

✰✰✰

" Sarge!" Miller yelled, as Lizzie smashed into the side of the tank as the shot had rung out, sliding down the side of the medal track, and peaking out towards where the Lieutenant now lay. She noticed the blood. She needed to be there. Chaos seemed to erupt everywhere suddenly. She watched to her horror as German tanks suddenly appeared on their side riding up and quickly.

" Clear the track!" someone yelled as Webster landed right next to Lizzie. But Lizzie's focus was on the Lieutenant who was shot. As paratroopers jumped off the tanks, the tanks began moving backwards a bit as people rushed to the trenches on the sides. She watched as Webster pulled her down in the trench on the side as Bull ran forward towards the Lieutenant. The tank shot a blast forward, toward the enemy tank, shaking the Earth, but missing the Panzer. She watched as the other tank shot, aimed and blew up the tank this time. And then the men and women began firing. Lizzie peaked over the edge toward Bull and Brewer, her heart pounding wildly.

" Medic up front, medic up front!" Bull yelled. Lizzie watched as Oates shot forward, but she knew he would need assistance, so she ran up from the trenches forward, away from the safety of 1st platoon.

" Lizzie!" a few voices called out to her, but she ran forward and collapsed beside Brewer, as Oates landed on her other side, seemingly protecting her from any shot that wold come her way.

" Go!" she yelled to Bull. Bull nodded, patting their backs before hurrying away to the Company. Lizzie looked to Oates.

" We gotta move to some sort of cover!" she yelled as she pulled a bandage from her pocket to hold in place before they got to cover.

" There's some sort of deep trench ahead!" Oates called to her, as he gently checked Brewer's pulse.

" We'll have to- AGH!" Oates' body fell into her side and her bloodied hands from Brewer reached out to hold him up. He was shot in the leg and in pain.

" Shit." muttered Lizzie, quickly glancing around. No other medics were in sight. Lizzie sucked in a breath and carefully orchestrated herself in front of the two so if there was another shot, she'd be shot. She looked to Oates.

" Oates! " she yelled throwing him a bandage.

" Lizzie, I'm fine." Oates called to her, chucking the bandage back.

" Like hell you are," she said and threw the bandage back at him, hitting him square in the chest.

" I'll take care of you, just patch that up!" she yelled, before looking at Brewer. She ripped out some sulfa and poured it on the most urgent wound, his neck wound. Another shot whizzed past her and she turned angrily, about to burst, before turning back around and gently removing Brewer's helmet from his head to place on her back if a shot came her way. She looked over and watched as German's ran from the inflamed tanks, fleeing and crying out. She watched though as members from the upcoming 3rd platoon took them out, shot after shot, and she sighed in relief.