Chapter 32 - Ethan

It's 11 am and I'm standing in my Paris office, waiting for Ben. I asked Madeline to have an early lunch. I don't want Madeline to meet Ben. Because if things turned ugly, Ben couldn't hurt her. So now she is having to lunch with Ella and the bodyguard. It annoyed her to have bodyguard hovering over her, but I can't help my smile. She is so cute when she is annoyed like that.

Last night we ordered dinner from the hotel. Both me and Madeline were too tired to go. So, we just had a lazy dinner on the couch. We argued during the dinner because she didn't (still doesn't) want to have security with her, but I forced her with all my logical thinking until she gave up in a grim mood. But her mood was getting better when we watched the standup comedian on tv until she fell asleep on my shoulder. I took her to her room, put her on her bed, and covered her with the blanket. She was wearing a lacy satin tank top and shorts. My eyes kept going to her cleavage and sexy leg.

When I was trying to stand up after putting her on the bed, she held my hand and smiled. "Good night, Ethan," her eyes still closed.

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "Good night, Sweetness. You have no idea how much you meant to me, are you? Be my girlfriend, Madeline Parker. I will make you the happiest woman. I swear," I whispered to her, and I left her room.

Jack opens my office door and brings me back to the presents. He is wearing his black jacket and black pants, along with a white shirt. He never wears ties, it's like a code for all fighters. Never wear a tie, because it makes your opponent want to grab the tie. The jacket is too hot for summer, but he needs to cover his gun.

He comes to my desk and gives me the documents. We already gather all the proof of the embezzlement. And I already asked my lawyer to draw up an agreement for Ben to sign.

"Where is he?" I ask Jack.

"On his way. Stuck in the fucking traffic in Paris." Paris traffic is the worst. "Notice me when he arrives. I need to call my Grandma now. I want her to hear it first from me."

Jack nods and leaves the office.

I'm checking the documents for the last time and calling my grandma.

"Good morning, Ethan," Helen says. Huh? She knows I'm in Paris? "And if you confused, how did I know you are in Paris, Madeline called me yesterday and asked me whether I want something from Paris. Nice move, young man! Bring your lady to one of the most romantic cities."

I laugh. "Well Grandma, thank you, I'm flattered."

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call, young man? You don't need my permission to propose to her. 100% agree!" she says cheerily and I hate myself for bringing the bad news to her.

I clear my throat. "Well Grandma, as much as I love to make you happy with the gossip and your imagination. I need to tell you something..." I say slowly, and I'm sure Grandma got what I mean.

"what is it?" her voice sounds worried, gone the cheerfulness earlier. Fuck you, Ben, for making my grandma upset.

"it's about your son-in-law,"

"Ben?"

"Yes, we found the embezzlement's root. I'm going to process it now. Ben will be let go from Hall Industries, my lawyer already drawn up an agreement for him to sign. He will sell all of his and Camilia's shares of Hall Industries to you. He couldn't come closer to Hall Industries ever again, but he still can keep all the money and assets he has, after he pays all of his sins. I assumed he would still have around a million or two after all this drama. I know you always feel that you owe him because he made Aunt Daisy so happy. So, I will not charge him as a criminal. But he no longer can use Hall's name for anything."