Chapter 51 - Madeline

We walk in the garden near the lake, I spot a table with food and 2 chairs. I smile to myself. This is better than yesterday. I really feel bad because I used his credit card like that, but yesterday he really pissed me. I'm planning to refund all the stuff, anyway.

He helps me to sit down and squats in front of me. Looks me deeply in the eyes. "Sweetness, I'm sorry," he strokes my palm. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lie to you. The reason I did that because I wanted to give Christian a chance to talk with Meredith, but doesn't mean I'm right. I'm sorry. I promise there will be no next time. Okay? Will you forgive me?" And as if he is afraid, I don't want to forgive him. He adds "please, Sweetness."

I smile and touch his whisker. He didn't shave this morning and last night. "Okay, Ethan. I understand why you did that. I forgive you," I say softly.

"Thank God," he breathes in relief and pulls my head, kissing me thoroughly. He touches his forehead to mine. "I'm sorry for yesterday. I was so panicked. I didn't know what to think, well I didn't think at all, actually."

I chuckle and hug him. "No more talking about yesterday. I got it already, okay? I missed you, Ethan," I muffle into his chest. I missed his scents, his voice, him.

He kisses my head and pulls back, cupping my face. "Promise me, you won't do that again."

"Do what?"

"Leave me alone on weekends. You can go with your friends. It's okay. But at night you have to come back to me. Okay! It's been hell without you, Sweetness. Promise me, no matter how angry you are, you'll still come back to me at the end of the day," he says seriously.

I smile. My heart so full of love for this man. "I promise," I whisper. "You too okay? If one day you are angry at me..." he touches my lips, stopping me from saying another word. "I don't think I can mad at you, Sweetness." He chuckles.

I laugh and kiss him on the jaw. "Just remember you said that!"

He grins and kisses my head. He sits in his own chair. "Let's eat," he says.

I nod and start nibble my perfect lunch. "By the way, Ethan, about your credit card. I just did that to piss you. Tomorrow I'll refund all the stuff. Don't worry." I smile.

Ethan stares at me like I told him there will be snow in LA tonight. "Why'd you do that?"

"What? Bought that much stuff? I told you I just—." He cuts me, "no. Why'd you have to return the stuff?"

"Because I don't need it." I laugh.

"No."

"Sorry?" I can't believe my ears.

"No."

"No, what?"

"No, I don't want you to return the stuff. That's yours."

"What?? No Ethan! I don't want it," I say, scandalize.

"No, it's yours. I want you to have it, Sweetness."

"I—"

"Please. I don't want to argue with you anymore. Just received it. I gave the card to you to use it and I meant it."

"But—" he squeezes my hand. "Okay, baby? No argument. I don't want to have another argument with you. Let's enjoy our lunch." He gestures at the food.

I sigh. "I will not swipe your credit card ever again," I mumble.

He chuckles and kisses my hand.

***

We eat our lunch happily. I'm not too happy because he wouldn't let me refund the stuff, but from his eyes, I know he meant it. And Ethan Hall can be very stubborn.