Chapter 38 - Ethan

I come very early this morning, because I was restless. I couldn't sleep last night. Rosie Palm and her five sisters couldn't do much. I was (still am) so hard now. Madeline kept messing up with my brain. So I gave up trying to sleep at 4 am and hit my in house gym to burn some energy. Here I am at 7 am in the office.

I walk to our latest gym section in Hall Industries. I asked Mike to conduct this ASAP, because I still remember Madeline and her sexy yoga outfit. The gym is almost done, Mike said in a week we can use it, and I already asked the HR to send a blast message about the gym, so Madeline wouldn't enrol in the gym class.

I walk to my floor and go to the employee cafeteria. Sarah once gave me the protein bar from there. I didn't stock it in my office. So, I'm just going to grab one from there. There is a woman standing there making a coffee. Her back is facing me. But I'm sure it's Madeline. Why is she here so early? Normally my employee arrives around 8 am.

I check her outfit. Normal. Finally! She will let me focus on my work today, instead of working with my creative dirty fantasy about her.

She turns around with her coffee and jumps when she sees me. "Oh my god, Ethan!" and her hot coffee slosh to her chest.

I curse and come to her, take some napkins and help her. "You okay, Sweetness?" I still trying to help clean up the coffee from her delicate skin.

She doesn't answer me. I look up at her face, and she flushes.

"Sweet..." suddenly I realize my hand is on her chest. And I realize her outfit... What. The. Fuck! I take back my words. From her back I saw a long loose white pants and a white blazer. BUT, she doesn't wear any tank top inside, it's just her bra. Even though the bra covered her whole breast, but still. This close, when her blazer gaps open, I can see her stomach from my height.

I take her to my office and lock the door. I spin around to face her. I can feel my rage building inside.

Madeline bites her lips. She knows I'm furious with her. "Are you provoking me with your outfit?" I ask her while striding close to her. She keeps taking a step back until her back touches my desk and she gasps.

"I ask you once again, are you trying to provoke me with your outfit?"

She inhales deeply, and damn, my eyes are drowning to her breast again. "What if I do?" she retorts bravely.

"Go change your blazer, Madeline Parker. You can't wear that. There are too many coffee stains. I have some t-shirt in my room." I take her wrist and pull her to the room. Close the door behind her.

I take a deep breath and sit down on the couch. This woman really knows how to push my button. I rake my hair, trying to compose myself.

Madeline comes out from the room wearing one of my t-shirts. It's too big for her, but she looks cute with it. She puts the hem inside her pants and rolls the sleeves to her elbows.

"You okay?" My voice is softer now. I stand up and come close to her. She nods, her eyes looking at me. We just stay like that, looking at each other. I really want her, but I'm afraid. What if...

She raises her hand and touches my cheek softly. "I miss the way you call me Sweetness," she whispers. "I miss the way you kiss me, Ethan." She looks at me deeply.

I miss you, Sweetness. I miss you. It hurts to see you but cannot touch you. But somehow I can't utter the words out.

"I'm ready for you. For us. Are you ready for us?" she whispers. When I don't answer, she leaves me there, closing my office door quietly.

***

Just because I'm a coward, so here I am in my office, staring at Madeline. I inhale deeply and close my eyes. Will she stop provoking me with her outfit? Is she going to find another man after this? I know I will regret it if I let her go. God... help me!