Memories

Charlie looked at River as read her book while sipping on a cup of coffee.

River's eyes shifted to Charlie,"what is it?"

Charlie looked away,"Nothing. Just thinking."

"About what?" River furrowed her eyes in question.

"It nothing." He said but continued to stare,"how do you feel about going to school?" He asked.

•••

River approached the front desk,"River Cullen." She said.

"Cullen." The admin lady said shocked.

"Yeah."

"I heard they left town a few months ago. I thought they all left, I didn't know you stayed behind." The old woman with white said,"the town lost a great doctor and his kind, beautiful wife. Their kids were so well behaved." She said deeply.

"Yeah I guess." River said getting impatient.

"I guess the reason you stayed was because of Charlie. He's also a great man, keeping us safe. He was so happy when he finally had his daughters with him. He'll be heartbroken if they decided to take you with them but I'm sure it must have not be easy for them." She said.

River frowned, she never thought about it that way but that didn't change anything. They could have at least said goodbye,"maybe." She answered.

"We're happy you'll be joining us for the rest of the year." She gave a soft smile to the young River.

River smiled back before she left. She stood by the door and sighed before she left to her classes.

•••

Lunch time. River walked into the cafeteria and almost everyone turned to her direction. She felt so out of place. She tried not to pay attention to any of them. She stared straight ahead. As she passed the empty previous Cullen lunch table, she saw Bella sitting in Edward's chair. River sighed before she turned back and walked out the cafeteria.

Dear Diary

Times like these I really hate. When I find myself missing them. After everything they put me though. I can't help it. I miss them so much.

River's tears flowed down her cheeks to the dairy she was writing on.

She also missed him most of all. Before they left, it didn't matter that much that he was with Bella because even though Edward and River weren't together anymore, she still had him around.

Now that he's gone something was missing from her life. She felt like there was a void in her heart and soul, it got bigger when he left and still growing. She felt empty.

•••

River got up from her chair, knocking a big leather book. She frowned before crouching down to pick it up.

It was an album she got from Alice, on her 16 birthday. Title "memories." She flipped through it and looked at the pictures.

It was family photo. Carlisle and Esme stood behind their six of their children.

River smiled as she flipped through album to a picture with her and her parents, in between Carlisle and Esme.

The next one was her and her brothers, Jasper and Emmett. She was on their shoulders as they celebrated a win of they favourite football team. They wore their team's attire and cheered for them. River laughed at the picture.

Next was her and her sisters. Multiple shots of them in different clothes. Laughing as they did a fashion show. Some clothes were ridiculous but fun. They did each other's nails and make up.

One was her with her sisters, aunts and cousins from Denali sitting on a snowy mountains of Alaska.

River flipped again to her and Edward's picture. A toddler River was riding on his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

The next one was Edward brushing, caressing River's cheek with extreme tenderness and care. She placed her hand on his.

River's eyes went to another picture on the same scene, he kissed her forehead as both their eyes closed.

The next one he pulled away to rest his forehead on hers.

The last one they were looking into each others eyes with love, adoration

The last one they were looking into each others eyes with love, adoration. Either on of them wanted to look away. River tint of red blush of her cheeks.

River placed her hand on over her mouth to stop any sound from coming out of her mouth. She breathing sharply as she swallowed any sound that tried to escape deep within her throat. She shut her eyes tightly to stop the tears from streaming down her face.

She had everything and anyone could ever want and need. A perfect family, a perfect boyfriend. She was truly happy and she didn't have to pretend like she was okay because she was busy being happy.

She then threw the album in garbage bin. River inhaled and exhaled to calm herself. She couldn't break down like this, she shouldn't. She promised herself to never cry over them again.

They were gone. They were no longer here. The people she called family were nothing but strangers now.

River's face hardened. They were gone. They left with her happiness. They left her here alone. They were gone and they were never coming back. She repeated those words inside her heard until she believed it was true.

•••

"Hey." Charlie greeted when River walked in from school.

"Hey." River responded before she shrugged her wet coat off.

"How was school?" He asked.

"Fine." River simply answered before she matched to the stairs.

Charlie nodded,"I found this in your trashcan." He said before lifting an album in his hand.

River's eyes widen. How can she be so stupid to through such a piece of evidence that her family are older than they look. She held her breath,"you didn't look inside did you?"

"You didn't want be too?" Charlie asked sadly.

"That's not it. It's just me and Edward kinda album." River awkwardly lied.

"Oh..." Charlie said understanding.

"It must have got into a trab by accident." River said,"I'll take that." She said before taking the album.

Charlie was a little disappointed but he sealed well.

"But if want to see be my baby picture album. I'll be more than happy to show it to you." River said excitedly.

Charlie's eyes lit up. He was going to see the baby He didn't get the chance to hold. His child who he didn't get to see grow up to a young woman in front of him,"yeah sure." He said wth cheerful smile as he watched River run up the stairs to retrieve the picture album.