Movies

"I'm going out with some friends for a movie tonight." Bella announced her plans for the night.

"Oh? You should take River with you." Charlie said.

"No thank you." River said typing on her latptop.

"That wasn't a request young lady. You're going out with your sister tonight."

"Yeah, you should totally come. The rest of the group will be there." Bella said,"including Jacob." She said hesitantly.

"Definitely no." River said shutting her laptop.

"You don't have to speak with him, if you don't want too." Charlie said,"I just want you out of the house."

"Thank you, I feel so loved and accepted." River sarcastically as she placed her hand on her chest.

Charlie rolled his eyes as he chuckled,"stop being dramatic and have fun with your friends."

"Actually their Bella's friends." River said.

"I don't care. Bella is your sister." Charlie said.

"Arg." River groaned,"I'm not paying for the movie." She said before she got up.

                                                             •••

River got dressed and waited for Bella to come down. Looking at the time they were already late,"Bellaa...." River whined.

"I'm coming." Bella shouted from upstairs.

"Come on Bella...." River said.

"I'm here. I'm ready." Bella said coming down the stairs.

"Finally, thank you. We're taking my car." River said holding her keys in front of her face.

"Actually Jake is picking me up. He wanted to show me his finished rabbit. You can ride with us if you like." Bella offered.

"You're kidding me, right? No thanks I'm going to take my car." River said.

                                                            •••

"Hey Bella." Mike said hugging Bella.

"Hey. Where are the others?" Bella asked looking around, Jacob following closely behind.

"They all came up with something, Jessica had a fever." Mike answers.

"Must be the flu everyone's talking about." Bella said.

"Yeah." Mike said.

"Mike, this is Jacob. Jake this is Mike." Bella introduced them.

Mike and Jacob reached out their arms and shook each other's hands,"hey." They said with soft smile.

"Should we go in?"

"No we're just waiting for one more." Bella says,"and there she is." She said when she noticed River's black mustang with blue highlights car park.

"Hey, Mike. Sorry. Forgot to fill the tank." River ignored Jacob,"I hope you don't mind Bella dragged me here."

"Not at all." Mike said with awkward smile.

                                                             •••

After picking a movie and buying snacks they all went to find their seats. Mike got in first, Bella followed, than Jacob and River.

Throughout the movie River kept looking at the three of them. The guys had their hands on the arm of the chair. She noticed how uncomfortable Bella is as she stared at the hands.