I Wanted To See

Bella tried to navigate her way to the meadow. She referred to a map, a compass.

Bella stepped into the clearing, hopeful...but her face fell. In contrast to the warmth of her memory, the meadow is cold, gloomy, cloudy. And no Edward. She closed her eyes, trying to force Edward here.

Bella looked up when she heard rustling.

Bella looked up,"River." She said relieved but shocked about where River stood,"what are you doing here?"

"Bella?" River asked also shocked as she emerged from the branches, high up in a tree. She jumped down,"I just wanted to see something."

"How did you do know about this place?"

"Me and Edward found it." River said kneeling down.

"What happened to it?" Bella asked.

"This place is a special place, a symbol. Come spring, it's flowers will bloom again." River said,"what are you doing here?"

"I also wanted to see something?"

River looked anyway but Bella,"Edward?"

Bella nodded.

River looked around the meadow until her landed on a tree,"Come here." River said as she walked over it.

"What is it?" Bella asked confused.

"Just come over here!" River ordered.

"What are you doing?" Bella asked more confused.

River placed her hand on a tree and her other hand on Bella's shoulder.

Edward and Bella were lying in the grass on the meadow, surrounded by flowers, sunlight dappling them. They looked into each others each with love and longing. They leaned in and shared a kiss before they pulled away to stare at each other once more. One admiring one's features.

"There, so now you know." River said before she started to walk away.

Bella stood there still stunned,"wait, how did you do that?" She asked.

"It one of my abilities." River said as she continued walking.

"Can you show me again? Please." Bella begged.

"I can't I'm sorry." River said. Not that she couldn't do it again. She didn't want to relive Edward and Bella's moments together. She didn't want to see the look in Edward's eyes when he was looking at Bella. Cause that reminded her of what she lost.

"Please, River. One last time."

"No! Bella." River argued,"I wanted you to show you that so you can get closure. Nothing more, not ideas that they might come back cause they're not...coming back." River said before she walked away.

Bella sank to her knees. She desperately wanted to see him again.  Tears threatened. But then she heard a rustling noise again. She turned toward it, peers into the woods.

"River? Is that you?" Bella asked.

Another rustling noise comes from another part of the woods. She spun towards it, nothing. Then she turned and jumped when she found vampire, Laurent standing just ten yards away. Dreadlocks, chiseled face. Bella couldn't believe it.

"Laurent?"

"Bella."

Bella beamed, realising he's real,"Laurent!"

"I must admit, I didn't expect to find you here." He said.

"I live here. But you...I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend."