Chapter 7

"What about this one?" Kara strutted out of the change room of the surf shop we were in wearing the tiniest bathing suit I think I've ever seen. I scrunched up my face, "What's wrong with it? I look hot," she frowned.

"Leave something to the imagination! Besides if you wore that in the ocean, you might come out without it," I reasoned. 

"I'm not going in the ocean, its purely for show," Kara said matter of factly.

I rolled my eyes at her as she walked back in to try on the next one. This is how shopping with Kara often went. She tried on, I judged. She liked any outfit that showed off her amazing figure, while I was more modest. It worked, she encouraged me try outfits that showed off my assets and I helped her to cover up a bit, or as I liked to remind her, keep some mystery. She just thinks I'm a prude. Sometimes it's amazing how two total opposites just work perfectly together.

"Ok, this is the one, I'm sure of it," she stepped out again and this time, I smiled my approval. 

It was a coral colour with white flowers, the bottoms covered just enough to be modest, but sexy. The top a triangle style with cute little ruffles. Honestly, she looked like a supermodel. 

After purchasing the winning bikini, we head to Starbucks for some much needed coffee and girl chats.

"I've missed these girls days. It's all fun and games, like literally, living in a house full of boys, but sometimes I need my girl," I sighed.

Kara holds her hand over her heart, "Oh, I'm touched! I totally smell better than them too don't I?"

"If I'm totally honest, these boys have some great aftershaves. Sometimes I even have to fight them for bathroom time too because Mason and Jason hardly go home!" we giggled, like young school girls.  

"Ok, so tell me about Tyler then. I've been dying to question you about him all day!" She battered her lashes at me and I took a big gulp of my Mocha Frappuccino to give me time to think about my answer.

"I mean, there isn't really much to say," I shrugged.

"Kayla Robins, don't you be coy with me!"

"Well, there's no denying he is something special to look at, but the guy is still a total mystery!"

"But you like him?" I felt my face flush as I took another sip of my drink instead of answering, "You do!!" Kara exclaimed excitedly.

"I'm... interested in getting to know him. I think his past is trouble, I'm not sure I need his baggage on top of my own."

"Maybe you can help each other," she shrugged. I didn't want to talk about him anymore.

"Anyway! You want to come back for dinner?" I asked, trying hard to change the topic.

"Sure! Gives me a chance to witness the love blossoming in person," she grinned like a crazed woman.

"Don't make me regret inviting you!" I glared at her. 

"I'll be on my best behaviour, cross my heart," I gave her a stern look as I got my phone out to text Harry that Kara was joining us, checking if he needed me to pick anything up.

"Thanks Harry! That was actually really good!" I said, finishing up my bowl of pasta. It was nice to have a proper meal for once instead of pizza or Chinese take-away.

"Mama raised a future husband," he winked at me, "So what do you say Kara, be my wife?" he joked. 

"So, Tyler," Kara began ignoring Harry, I shot her a look silently asking her to behave and she returned with a smile that looked sweet to everyone else, but I knew it meant otherwise, "Are you joining us at South Coast High in the fall?"