Chapter 35

Fair warning- this is probably my least favourite chapter and one I had trouble writing, but felt it was needed for the overall story. 

The mood had thankfully calmed down a bit with the help of alcohol and the way Harry, Jason and Daniel all seem to be so carefree had everyone around them smiling. 

Kara and I had not spoken a word to Natasha. Caitlin was trying to split her time between keeping Natasha company and chatting with us. Tyler had been very quiet, but I knew that was normal for him when he felt uncomfortable. He hadn't spoken to Natasha, for that I was extremely thankful. She had tried to speak to him, but every time she came close, he would move away.

Kara and I were in the kitchen, pouring more drinks and getting some snacks for everyone. Well Kara was doing those things, I was sitting on the kitchen bench, feeling rather tipsy as I hit the vodka hard early on to numb the anger.

"I see Tyler keeps walking away from her. Good boy" Kara said, pouring a packet chips into two bowls.

"Hmm, well I guess he wants to keep getting laid doesn't he?" I giggled. Definitely tipsy. 

"Who's getting laid?" I hear from behind me, turning to see the man himself.

"You. Maybe. So far, you are heading in the right direction" I replied, smiling at him, as he moved around the bench to stand in front of me. I pulled him in closer to me, wrapping my legs around him while sat on the bench still.

"This is my cue to leave. Do us all a favour and go to the bedroom if you do get it on. We eat on that bench" Kara said, walking outside with the chips in hand and a smirk on her face.

"I dunno, maybe we can get it on here and you can send Natasha in, so she knows just what she isn't getting her nasty hands on" I said incredibly bitterly.

"Kayla" Tyler scolded.

"Ok, ok. Too far" I rolled my eyes.

"You're drunk Kayla" Tyler stated.

"Not drunk, maybe an itsy bit tipsy" I said holding up my fingers and inch apart.

"Hmmm? How did your job applications go?" he asked.

I sighed, "Getting a job in the middle of summer is impossible! No one is hiring at the moment, hopefully the college kids leave soon, and I might have more luck" I pouted.

"I'm sure your dad will understand, you are still trying" he said, pecking me on the lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"He will. How did the hospital visit go this morning?"

"Same as the last few. The doctors don't think she will wake up, but apparently talking to her helps. They say she can hear me, but I don't know. It all feels sort of pointless" he shrugged.

"Is it making you feel any better though?"

"I suppose. You know what else makes me feel better?"

"Are you purposely trying to change the topic?"

"Maybe, but you promised me PDA" he smirked as he said that. I knew enough to know that he doesn't want to talk about his mother anymore, the alcohol induced side of me didn't care much as I crashed my lips onto his.

We stayed in that position making out with other, my legs wrapped tightly around Tyler, hands moving through his hair, lips in perfect sync. I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue access to move with mine. Our kiss was heating up, with his hands moving under my top, we were totally lost in each other, almost forgetting that our friends were just outside.