Chapter 23

"What's this?" I asked, spying a couple of envelopes on the kitchen bench with each of our names on them. There was one for Tyler, Mason, Jason, Kara and me.

"Invitations for my parents 4th July party" Harry responded in between bites of his breakfast.

"Ooo! Really? We never get invited! Isn't that usually a pretty fancy event?" I asked, getting excited to be invited.

"Yeah, it's a pretty big deal to my mom, she insisted that it is time for my friends to be in attendance now too. So I guess our original 4th plans are out the window now." Harry didn't seem too thrilled about the party.

I opened the invitation and had a read. It was listed as a cocktail event, which meant Kara and I needed to go shopping.

"We get to dress up! This will be fun Harry! I need to call Kara, we need a shopping date asap" I said excitedly.

"What's going to be fun?" Tyler asked now entering the kitchen. I picked up his invitation handing it to him.

"Mom's annual 4th party. It's not even till next week, I'm sure you girls don't need to shop right away" Harry responded.

Tyler groaned in response, "We don't have to go do we?"

"Yes, we do! And we are going to have fun, got it boyfriend?" I said smiling smugly, just because I really liked the sound of saying boyfriend out loud.

Behind us, Harry nearly spat out his coffee, "Boyfriend?"

"That's what I said" I smiled happily, giving Tyler a peck on the lips and waltzed out of the kitchen, "I'm going to call my best friend we have much to discuss"

As I practically skipped up the stair's I could hear Harry asking Tyler about our newly labelled relationship status. For the first time in weeks I was genuinely happy, this party was one I had wanted to be invited to for years, but we were always considered too young and immature. That and being able to call myself Tyler's girlfriend made me absolutely ecstatic.

Sitting on my bed cross legged I facetimed Kara, I could see my own face in the little square of me and could easily see how my smile was finally reaching my eyes.

"Hey girl! What's got you looking so happy?" Kara greeted me as the phone connected.

"Oh, just life. So guess what?" I practically screamed down the phone.

"You got laid?" she replied.

I rolled my eyes, "No. Not yet. Although Tyler did ask me to be his girlfriend, but that wasn't even the main reason for my call."

"Hold up! When? Why did you not tell me this straight away and what could possibly be more exciting than that?" Kara exclaimed.

"Sorry, that was yesterday. I totally should have told you already, I was a little caught up and totally flaked. You will forgive me though with my exciting news."

"I only forgive you if you tell me you were too caught up in the sheets to tell me"

I shrugged, "Something like that. ANYWAY!! We are all invited to Harry's mom's 4th July party, you know the fancy cocktail one that we've been waiting to get to go to since freshman year?"

I nearly had to turn the phone volume down as my best friend squealed in the background.

"Finally, someone else who gets excited with me! The boys were all grumbly about it" I rolled my eyes.

As I said that, Tyler entered my room, coming and sitting behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, but trying to keep out of the phone view.

"I'm sooo excited. We need to go shopping, is there a theme?" Kara said excitedly, but I was now getting slightly distracted as Tyler snaked his hand under my top, caressing my stomach.