Chapter 19

Opening my eyes in the morning the first thing I notice is how bright the damn room is. Second thing is the warm body wrapped around my own. Taking in the different bed and room that I'm in, I remember spending last night getting to know said body wrapped around me. I smile at the thought.

I slowly try to peel Tyler's arms and legs off me without waking him.

"Where do you think your going?" he says sleepily "and why is it so bright in here?"

"Someone left the blinds open last night and I'm getting up. Come on, let's get breakfast" I said, still trying to untangle our bodies rather unsuccessfully because Tyler wrapped his legs around mine tighter.

"Nuh uh. Stay here with me" he begged, now pulling me against his chest. He started peppering light kisses along my neck and I was nearly persuaded to stay there with him.

"Are you always this needy?" I laughed

"Just when there's a hot girl in my bed" he replied smugly.

I turned my body around, so we were now facing each other. I had nearly forgotten about his black eye. I placed my hand on his face, lightly tracing the bruise with my thumb.

"This hot girl needs to pee and really needs her coffee. Then she has a hot date to prepare for"

"Hot date hmm? Lucky guy" he grinned at me now, finally waking up.

I leaned in to give him a kiss, distracting him enough to be able finally untangle myself fully and get out of the bed, much to his disappointment.

After finally making it to the bathroom I checked my room to see if Kara was still here. She wasn't, but there was a note from her telling me she had gone home early. Her parents wanted her home because she hadn't been there for two nights now. I quickly brushed my hair but didn't bother getting changed yet. I would shower after breakfast.

As I exited my room, I was met with Tyler finally up and leaving the bathroom himself.

"Have we met? You look a lot like the girl who slept in my bed last night," he said winking.

"You're such a dork!" I said, shaking my head but grinning from ear to ear, following him down the hall to the stairs.

"As long as I can be your dork baby".

We were laughing and joking all the way downstairs and so lost in each other that we didn't notice that we apparently had a visitor. Tyler was walking backwards, facing me, so I saw her first sitting at the dining table with Harry. He looked at me questioningly when my facial expression changed.

"Morning Mrs. James" I greeted Harry's mom who was nursing a cup of coffee and talking with Harry.

Tyler turned around quickly, seeing his Aunt and then quickly made his way to the kitchen, I assumed in the hope that she wouldn't see the black eye just yet. Coffee before lecture.

"Hello Kayla, Tyler. It's lovely to see you two getting along" she smiled, I glanced at Harry who was trying to stifle a laugh.

"Yeah, they have become real close" he mumbled, and I shot him a glare to urge him not to say anymore.

"Why are you here?" Tyler calls from the kitchen.

"We realised last night when the power went out during the storm that Joe never got around to fixing the generator. I know it doesn't change the fact you kids had no power last night, but we will get it fixed now." She explained, Tyler grunted an acknowledgment of her reply from the kitchen before making his way over with a coffee for each of us.