Bonus! 5 years later

I pulled up to the James manor on the hill, following the line to the valet, stepping out and handing my keys to the attendant and taking my ticket. Immediately I was drawn by the flower lined path to the side of the house where there was a beautiful welcome sign, adorned in an arrangement of soft pink roses and orchids, sat next to the table chart. I checked for my name, not surprised by those I was sharing a table with. I smiled as I looked again at the welcome sign.

'Welcome to the engagement of Harry James and Tessa Monroe'

Who would have thought that Harry would have been the first of us to settle down.

He met Tess at the end of freshman year of college, and they had been together ever since. He had tried to convince us at first that she was just another fling, but I knew better. When he invited her to stay at the beach house the first summer, we all knew they were end game. He proposed on New Year's Eve in front of all of us.

Making my way around to the back yard, I knew that Mrs. James had been in charge of decorations. The whole event was beautiful, flower centerpieces on each table, fairy lights strategically places to create what reminded me of a fairy garden with elegance. Soft golds, pinks and whites.

Harry and Tessa were standing there greeting all their guests as they arrived. She looked amazing in a beautiful shimmering white gown, her dark hair flowing and brown eyes bright. Happiness radiating off the happy couple. Harry had matured too from his boyish good looks as a teen.

"You look amazing" I greeted as they both hugged me tight.

"It's great to see you Kayla, we are so glad you are here" Harry said, giving me an extra tight hug.

"Nothing could make me miss this" I replied.

"How was the move back?" he asked, releasing me from the hug.

"Everything went as smooth as can be, I'm all settled in my new apartment. It's great to be home again, back in the sunshine"

I had spent the last 12 months in Seattle, after finishing my marketing degree I was offered a year long contract with a top agency. I had nothing tying me down and it would look amazing on my resume. It was difficult being so far away and being a beach girl all my life, the cold was a challenge. I chose not to extend my contract, despite being offered to as I just wanted to be back home.

I left Harry and Tessa as they said hello to more guests arriving behind me and made my way to my table. Before I could get too far though I was stopped by two adolescent arms wrapping around me.

"Madi! Oh, I've missed you! How have you grown so much?" I said, taking in this now 12 year old girl who stood in front of me. She was now up to my shoulder and would no doubt overtake my height in a few years, taking after her brother. She was beautiful and reminded me so much of her mother.

"I'm so happy to see you Kayla! Seattle is just too far away" she said matter of factly.

"Well I'm back for good now."

"So is he" she said, with a smirk in her voice.

Over all the years, Madi had always hoped that Tyler and I would be together again. She would often update me on his movements, even though I didn't ask. He and I hadn't had any contact, but we both had a love for Madi. I had become a big sister to her, visiting her as often as I could through college. She meant the world to me.

"I'll save you a dance later Madi, go have fun with your friends" I gave her another hug before finally getting to my table to find Kara, Mason and Jason already seated.

I greeted them all with a kiss on the cheek, before sitting down myself. I had seen them all the days before as they helped me settle into my apartment.