Chapter 31

"Alright, how do I look?" I said, spinning around in my room.

"Breathtaking, like seriously. I hope Tyler's pants aren't too tight, otherwise he might be uncomfortable looking at you all night" Kara snickered.

I glared at her in response. Looking back to my mirror I took in my royal blue satin slip dress. It was mid-calf length, it clung to my body in all the right places, had a cowl neckline. I put on some nude heels and Kara had softly curled my hair and given me a subtle smoky eye.

I looked over to my best friend who had chosen a bright red maxi dress, the bodice was tight with thin straps and plunging neckline. It had a split high up the thigh. She had a loose fishtail braid styled perfectly and her make up with a bright red lip finished the look perfectly. Together, we looked hot.

"Selfie time! We look stunning" Kara said, pulling out her phone. We took a few selfies and a few shots of each other getting totally distracted.

"Knock, knock. We gotta go, are you two.... WOW!" Harry peeped his head in the door.

"You approve?" I smirked at him as he stood with his mouth open staring at us. He nodded in response as we walked past him out the room, I closed his mouth for him as I walked past, laughing.

"Fuck my cousin is one lucky bastard" Harry muttered as he followed us downstairs.

I followed Kara to where the other boys were all waiting for us, as we walked downstairs, I took in their faces and all had similar reactions to Harry's. The only one I cared about was Tyler and I wasn't disappointed. His eyes flickered over Kara in front of me, then they found me, a grin appearing as he took my hand at the bottom of the stairs.

"You look beautiful. I mean you're always beautiful, but wow" he said, kissing me softly on the lips. You couldn't wipe the grin from my face, I looked great, I felt great, my boyfriend was drooling over me and we were heading to the 4th July party I have waited years to attend.

"Car's here let's go" Harry said, breaking Tyler and I from our moment.

The party was amazing, everything I had ever imagined and more. Harry's parents house is beautiful, a large white manor that sits on the clifftop overlooking the beach. He lives in the richest part of our town and the party had been set up in the backyard. There was a wooden dance floor on the grass and a dozen round tables scattered around. Fairy lights had been set up in Mexican ball style and the flower centrepieces on each table were roses, they were white, red, and blue ones that had been dyed for the occasion. Mrs. James had outdone herself.

We checked the seating chart when we entered and found our table. We were essentially on the 'kids' table, it was the 6 of us, plus Harry's twin brothers and Madi. The other guests seemed to be work associates of Mr. James or other couples from the same neighbourhood. We walked to our table, Tyler holding my hand the whole time.

"Ty!" We heard a little voice call out from behind us, turning and seeing Madi walking towards us, being held by Michael, one of Harry's brothers. She was dressed in the cutest little blue dress with white polka dots. She still had her arm and leg bandaged up, but she was walking now which is a massive improvement.

Tyler let go of my hand and ran over to his sister, picking her up and spinning her around. Her giggle was just about the best sound ever, I smiled at how much joy they brought to each other. Tyler put her down and they walked over to us.

"Hey Madi! How are you princess?" I said, kneeling down to her level. She surprised everyone by throwing her arms around my neck.

"Hi Kayla! Look at me, I'm out of the hospital!" she exclaimed.