Chapter 16

Mason lay me down on my bed, Kara instantly beside me. I guess no matter how mad you are, when you see your best friend in trouble, all is forgotten. Either way, I was glad she was here.

"Look after her. I need to go help Tyler." Mason instructed.

"What the hell happened Mason? What do you mean help Tyler?" Kara asked, getting slightly frantic now.

"I'm not sure exactly. Something to do with Garret. I have to help Tyler though, I'm afraid he might murder the guy." Mason left the room and at his words, my crying increased, my whole body shaking now. Kara moved to the bed and lay behind me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Shhh. Kay, I'm here. It's ok. I got you." She whispered. She held me until my body finally calmed down.

"Kara?" I whispered. 

"Yes Kay?"

"Thank-you for being here."

"Kayla, what happened? Talk to me." she begged. 

I sat up on the bed, pulling my knees up to my chest, ready to tell her what happened when the door opened. It was Mason. He handed me a bottle of water and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing his hands up and down my arms to comfort me. 

 "Tyler?" I asked him.

"He is ok Kay, Harry is looking after him downstairs. Kay, talk to us." He said gently.

I took a deep breath, knowing that I had to tell them. 

I held on to each of their hands and started with the night of the grad party and ending with what happened tonight. I didn't tell them exact details of how he touched me, what I knew he was about to do, but they were able to piece together enough to understand.

Throughout telling them I saw the anger on their faces at Garret and then the pity for me. Then they told me off for not telling them sooner, but also seemed to understand. 

"I'm sorry. I know I should have said something, but I didn't know how. Kara I'm sorry for yelling at you too, I know it wasn't your fault for encouraging me to hook up with him. None of us knew that Garret would be like that."

"You don't need to apologise. I shouldn't have ignored you all week and let you tell me. I'm so glad you are out of that house now. It all makes a bit more sense now."

"How did you guys find me?" I asked Mason. 

"Tyler came back with the drinks and saw your brother. I didn't know he even knew who your brother was"

"We ran into them at the shops, it was brief, but he saw Garret get to me there too." I interrupted. 

"Right. Well anyway he saw Drew and then he got really stressed that you weren't by the fire anymore and started looking for you. I guess he knows about all this because he got a bit frantic. I followed him and he saw you two. You obviously know he ripped him off you."

I nodded, taking in all of the information. I dread to think what could have happened if Tyler didn't come to find me. 

"Sooo, Tyler?" Kara asked. I knew she was desperate to ask about him and the fact he saved me tonight only made her more curious, plus she knew it would be a welcome distraction from the events of tonight. I blushed, there was no hiding anything from my best friend.

"I think that's my cue to leave. I'm going to go and check on how the guys are doing downstairs." Mason said, leaving us alone for girl talk, kissing me on the head before he left.

"Come on girl, spill!" Kara urged.

"There isn't much to tell. We have hung out a few times. He has a lot going on, obviously I do too. I'm scared Kara. What if we are both too damaged and make things worse for each other?"